Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Tax Class Change

Toggle
Tax Class Change
Answer
12/1/08 6:56 PM
Hi,
My wife came here in November 27. I tried to get her register on the same date but they did not accept the marriage ceritificate and asked for attested one from Germany Embassy or Consulate etc. Now I got an attested one, but StadtHouse is no longer changing tax class 1 to 3.
My question is how to deal with the situation in order to get back the max stuer zuruck. Can I still get my december salary on tax 3 ? if yes, how?

Best Regards,
Zeeshan
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Tax Class Change
Answer
12/1/08 7:01 PM as a reply to Zeeshan Javeed.
did your wife come here on family reunification visa or student visa or work visa?

Ask them for written explaination.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/1/08 7:54 PM as a reply to Zeeshan Javeed.
Do not worry. As far as i know, when you do your steuererklärung, money will be returned. Not only for this 2 months but for the whole year. Do it through steuerberater.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/1/08 8:32 PM as a reply to Zeeshan Javeed.
Her visa is Family Reunion but Stadt house is of the view that your status can only be changed once we got german authorization stamp over ur marriage certificate.
Moreover, they registered her as a 'single' not as married.

Now the main point is,
1) How I can get Stuerclass changed for december as month is already started.
2) How it will work for stuer erklarung as well, if they do not change my tax card for 2008.

Regards,
Zeeshan.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/5/08 9:47 PM as a reply to Zeeshan Javeed.
1) How I can get Stuerclass changed for december as month is already started.
2) How it will work for stuer erklarung as well, if they do not change my tax card for 2008.

We are also doing the same right now.... Íts possible you can change the December tax but useless effort. Forget the changing of 2008 tax card since 2008 will be over soon. Go to EINWOHNERMELDEAMT to register the marriage and change tax card for 2009, so your monthly tax next year will be less. Make tax declaration for 2008. you shouldnt worry for 2008, the tax card has nothing to do with the declaration. important is: your wife has residence here and marriage is registered in 2008. Ask help of steuerberater.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/8/08 3:47 PM as a reply to Zeeshan Javeed.
Hi,

The salary will be calculated from the day you got married i.e 27th Nov...so if u change the tax card in Dec for tax "3" u get more money compared to Nov.salary and also for last 3 days of November
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/13/08 11:05 PM as a reply to Zeeshan Javeed.
We are doing the same now. We went to EINWOHNERMELDEAMT and change my husband tax card 2009 from 1 to 3. About the tax return question:
Refer to Tax law § 26 Abs. 1 S. 1 EStG "Veranlagung Von Ehegatten" . You will get for the whole year not only from the time your wife came here. But if your wife has income in 2008, it is also a consideration in making your tax return .. advise is ask help from steurberater.
Hope this will help.
W
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3