Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Visa extension

Toggle
Visa extension
Answer
7/27/05 7:02 PM
how are you all doing.after a long gap i am back in the group.

friday my 5 year visa end.So i am going for a extension.They asked me to get my residence permit.

Just when i checked my documents, My Work permit also expires on same date.

So what is the process to get work permit Or I will get work permit automatically when i get my residence permit.

Have a nice day.

RossieLang
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Visa extension
Answer
7/27/05 7:13 PM as a reply to rossie lang.
Oh boy - you were away for long time.

There is no workpermit anymore. Workpermit you already has through law change unlimited validity for all IT jobs. So normally you should just go to ABH and get extension without problem on the spot, because of §46 BeschV. Also if you speak some German you have right for permanent residence permit.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/27/05 7:45 PM as a reply to rossie lang.
great information.I took print out of this will show in stadamt.

Any new features which i can ask for .any new title like unlimted.

How long will they extend my visa.

lang
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/27/05 11:16 PM as a reply to rossie lang.
If you read once more what I wrote you will see that if you are able to speak German you have right to permanent residence permit AKA unlimited visa AKA Niederlassungerlaubnis. If you are GC and 5 yrs. in Germany then you fulfill all other conditions necessary for permanent residence AKA *unlimited visa*. www.aufenthaltstitel.de

read AufenghG
read BeschV
read BeschVerfV

Be aware - if your ABH is behaving according to law they will give you extension on the spot (can be done according to §46 BeschV). Some ABHs do not know exactly the new laws and there are reports that they send people's "case" to employement office (Arbeitsamt,Arbeitsagentur) to check is there any German or EU worker which can take your place. So called "Arbeitsmarktprüfung, Vorrangsprüfung". Duration of this procedure is several months. Your company receives inquiries from employement offce and applications from job seekers. Be aware that this procedure is completely wrong, and must not be applied to GC owners, especially if you are staying in same company or even if changing company and staying in IT area. Thus - you should do not fill any paper where you make any statements about your company, job description, etc.

Normally you need:
- 50 Euros
- 2 Photos
- Passport
- Confirmation from your company that you are working there and that your contract is not cancelled
- Confirmation from your municipalty that you are registered there (Meldebescheinigung)
- Sometimes: appartment contract

If you sense any deflection from this procedure in direction "job market check" then do not sign anything, say thanks turn around and find a lawyer specialized in alien law to process your application. Check "services" section of this site.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott