Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Strike and visa

Toggle
Strike and visa
Answer
10/16/08 5:46 PM
Hi all,

ausländerbehorde in Berlin is in strike (for almost half this year they were on strike), in between, when they were not on strike i submitted my documents for work permit extension(first time extension, so arbeitsmarkt check) and then they went again on strike again. In 2 weeks my work permit and visa will expire, no reply till now (4 weeks completed). any suggestions would be welcome.

thanks

groupmod.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Strike and visa
Answer
10/17/08 12:48 AM as a reply to yousuf sohel.
Contact ur company HR and ask him to talk with arbeitsagentur or get the contact no and ask for status. They may say it is in process or it is sent to Auslandersamt. You can ask to whom they sent it and get the contact no of Auslandersamt person. Talk to him whether he received a decision from Arbeitsagentur. If not call Arbeitsagentur again and request them to fax the paper immediately. This is what exactly i did during my second extension.

anyway if decision is not taken they will issue a temporary visa, but u cant work.

I assume Arbeitsagentur office is not in strike.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Strike and visa
Answer
10/17/08 1:44 PM as a reply to yousuf sohel.
hi peek80,

thanks for the reply, will try as suggested. From the time I have been in Berlin, I have only seen strikes..U-bahn, S-bahn, beamter....

thanks,

GP.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3