Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Toggle
Marriage
Answer
5/24/05 1:19 AM
HI

1,How important is it to change our tax class after marriage.How many days it will take.

2,I plan to get married in december, should my spouse come here before 31st to get tax benifts.

3,If i marry in december even without my Gf coming here, can i change the tax class.

3, For spouse visa, Visa issued is for 3 months or 6 months .for example if my wife wants to travel after 6 months of issue of visa is it possible.

Any answers would be appriciated

Pac
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Marriage
Answer
5/24/05 2:24 AM as a reply to Du Pac.
Hi Pac,

its good that u marry in december. congrats!!!.
you will tax benefits ONLY if your tax class changes after marriage (class 3).

for you to change the tax class your wife should be physically present( that is she must do the Anmeldung at the Behoerde. no tourist visa accepted).

once she register herself here she can extend her visa after 2 months or early by giving some special reasons that ur/her family functions and to go and come back.

regarding your tax benefits.. its a big amount. for example ..if you get 500Euros per month extra after your tax class change, then u will get 12 x 500 ~6000 when u claim ur tax back.

hope I could help with these info.

esslinger
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/05 10:42 AM as a reply to Du Pac.
HI

Thanks for ur replay.

so my wife have to come here and register here before 31st december.

1,Will i get tax benefits even if my wife doesnt come here untill 31st december.

2, How many days registration and all will take and changing tax class. Is it a big procedure and can i know how many days it will take.

3, Visa can we issue in INDIA of our own comfort , like if we get spouse visa can we say we want it from march 2005 onwards.

pac
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/05 12:08 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
>1,Will i get tax benefits even if my wife doesnt come here untill 31st december.

--> no, you will not get tax benefits until your wife arrives here and gets anmeldung done.

>2, How many days registration and all will take and changing tax class. Is it a big procedure and can i know how many days it will take.

-->you can go to the Anmeldung office as soon as your wife comes here. It is a matter of few minutes to get done these things. Once your wife is there at Anmeldung office, you just tell them that your tax card whould be changed from class 1 to class 3. They will modify your tax card and give it to you immediately.

>3, Visa can we issue in INDIA of our own comfort , like if we get spouse visa can we say we want it from march 2005 onwards.
--> yes, you can propose your own date for visa.

regards,

mk
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/05 1:46 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
Mk and esslingen Thanks for your mail . I got all my answers cleared asked.

Just have one more question

1, Only my wife registring in Rathhaus here i can avail tax benifts right. SO NO NEED TO CHANGE THE TAX CLASS UNTILL DECEMBER 31ST TO GET WHOLE YEAR TAX.

happy working.

DuPac
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/05 2:17 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
I think it is not necessary that,your wife has to be physically here.what if your wife is studying or working your home country.I know GC's who have their spouse and children in their home country and have a steuer klass 3.What you need is to change your marrital status bringing the proof that you got married.You will have to produce the marriage cetrificate translated in German to the ABH.
Only after your marriage you can change your tax class.So only after that you will get the tax benefits.If you change your tax class before 31st of december, you will get the benefits for the whole yearemoticon

regards
metro
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/05 2:22 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
hi metro,
sorry to say that your info is not correct.
you can't change your tax class without your wife being 'angemeldet' in DE. this may be true for the people who come to DE already married.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/05 4:50 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
So now i am confused .HeHeHe

Without changing TAX class before Decemebr 31st i cannot get my TAX benifts for this year?.

Changing TAX class is it a small procedure, If some one know can u tell me exact procedure and timeline.

Pac
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/05 5:49 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
-- 1.Without changing TAX class before Decemebr 31st i cannot get my TAX benifts for this year?.

How would u get Tax benefits, if u r still in Tax Class 1 at the end of the year. U need to change it before Dec 31st.

2) As already said above, it is matter of 5 minutes once ur wifes anmeldung is done in rathaus.

Greetings,
vamsi.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/24/05 5:49 PM as a reply to Du Pac.
I was maried when I came in D but I got St.Kl. 1 because wife was not here

I think that you have to change Steuer before July to get the whole year.
You can ask for info and do it at Finanzamt.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott