Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Marriage certificate verification - Exact procedure?

Toggle
Hello everyone,
my wife has applied for spouse visa on Jan 10th in Chennai embassy. on Jan 19th she got email requesting for Marriage Certificate verification process. They have asked for original MC and Rs15,000 and some marriage photographs.

I want to know what exactly they will do for verification?

Please let me know from the guys who have gone through verification of marriage certificate.

Regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Marriage certificate verification - Exact procedure?
Answer
1/21/12 7:37 PM as a reply to Prakash m.r.
Hello,

For verification, the consulate hires a private detective who will verify your marriage and your marriage certificate and send a report back to consulate. What the detective does to verify, it is not clear. My guess is, he might visit the register office where yur marriage is registered, marriage hall etc.

if its a local verification, i.e if the marriage is registered in same city as embassy, then it can be done in less time and money. They will refund the remaining money appropriately at the end of the verification. but the verification can take quite a bit of time
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/22/12 2:09 PM as a reply to Prakash m.r.
Hello,
Thanks for the response.
please share if anyone has personal experience.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/23/12 3:59 PM as a reply to Prakash m.r.
Hallo

Last year we had gone through the marriage verification process (Mumbai embassy). We had been asked to submit original marriage certificate and a DD of Rs 12000. After submitting the Demand Draft within 2 weeks time the Verification officer visited our place and had asked 3 witnesses to sign a letter stating that they had attended our marriage and they know us from last 10 years. Then he went to the local district office to verify the marriage certificate. After the verification it took appr 3 weeks to get the visa.

In my frinds case no actual verification was done after submitting the DD (Chennai embassy)

Frontpage
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/23/12 7:35 PM as a reply to Prakash m.r.
For us the verification had taken more than 2 months in chennai embassy.
--the agent had visited our home--
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/23/12 10:00 PM as a reply to Prakash m.r.
Hello Friend082,
what happened when they visited your place?
Is it same procedure as mentioned by the other member (Frontpage) or something else?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/12 11:34 AM as a reply to Prakash m.r.
Hi,
i have the same requirement, my husband has applied for a work permit and i want to apply for dependent for myself and my daughter.
I have a marriage certificate but looks like this verification is mandatory rite?? so they will charge 15000 for the same.
Will they also verify the birth certificate for my daughter also?
Also somebody mentioned you should get your M'certificate attested from Ministry of External Affairs in DELHI-PATIALA OFFICE. This attestation is recognised by all embassies worldwide, so this true? After this step will the verification process in the embassy be waived off.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott