Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Spouse of a German permanent resident

Toggle
Spouse of a German permanent resident
Answer
4/14/19 8:46 PM
Hello. I hold Blue Card and been working and living in Germany for about a year now. We arrived together with my wife, who joined me with Family Reunificiation VISA. She is not working and has Aufenthaltstitel.

I'm studying for my B1 exam and trying to get my Niederlassungserlaubnisse by 21st month.

My question is: Will my wife also get a permenant residency permit automatically after I get one?

Thank you in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Spouse of a German permanent resident
Answer
4/15/19 9:30 AM as a reply to Alex Wenner.
No, this is very special befefit of blue card holder. You spouse has to wait 5 years (in case she does not work) to get her PR (provided 60 months of social contributions)
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Spouse of a German permanent resident
Answer
4/16/19 2:02 PM as a reply to hprj.
Hello. Thanks for the reply.

The path to German citizenship says you need to have residence permit for 8 years (in some cases 7 or 6). Both of us now have Residence permit in Germany, is that correct?

For a non-working spouse who wants to get the German citizenship at some point, what is the benefit of becoming a PR sooner than 5 years? In any case, even if she has Aufenthaltstitel, it is considered as a residency status that counts towards the 8 years of citizenship. Right?

Thank you again for your help.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18