Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Social Security Card for GC holders....

Toggle
Hello,

Am Girish from Hamburg, Working for Deutsche Bank with the since 98.

I have noticed that few of the GC holder have received a social Security Card from certain office in Berlin.

I heard this card could be used as your identity card (With your photo on) on will be of much use in the future....

Well my Question is Obviously, I haven't received one such!!!.....

Does everybody receive such a card ?.
Is it very important document ?.
Whom should I contact to get one such card ?.

Thanks & regards
Girish
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Social Security Card for GC holders....
Answer
3/3/04 2:41 PM as a reply to Girish Raju.
Girish,

Please contact http://www.bfa.de and tell them you need your Social Security Card giving your details. They will be pleased to send you one.

Regards.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/3/04 5:32 PM as a reply to Girish Raju.
But can it be used as ID ? This could save me from carrying to my good old passport with me everywhere.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/3/04 5:46 PM as a reply to Girish Raju.
No, It cannot be used as ID. It is your social versicherung and it is a paper comes from berlin. On the back side of the paper you have to paste your photo and keep it. But for police verification you cannot use it as ID. I was asked by one policeman to show my identification and he was not ready to accept this and he wanted me to carry my passport with me. Well, i do not do it even now. I will have problem if i get caught again by the same policeman...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/3/04 6:43 PM as a reply to Girish Raju.
I have got one sheet of paper as stated by Desmond...But that isn't it i suppose....Additional some GC holders in Hamburg have got a card almost like a German Ausweise..In which case you could use this as your identity card!!!!!!!!!!!...

Social Versicherung is something which your Employer sends it to you every year right ??!!!....I suppose Employer gets this from the same office from Berlin. It has got all details of an Employee & Employer....

regards
Girish
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3