Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Employment Visa/New Delhi VFS/ZAV Letter

Toggle
Employment Visa/New Delhi VFS/ZAV Letter
Answer
11/23/18 12:16 PM
Hi,

We applied for and got the Emplyment based Long Stay Visa, at New Delhi VFS Centre. Our employer's lawyer secured the ZAV Pre-Approval Letter, took around 2 weeks. With the same we applied at VFS Centre and the whole process took 3 days flat. 

We completed all the documents in the checklist. However, the most critical document was Pre-Approval letter.  Booked an appointment on 19th November for 20th. The VFS staff was extremely courteous. The arranged all the documents, as per their checklist. Paid fee in cash. Got the Biometrics. 

On 23rd morning got the sms that your application has been processed and can collect passport from the counter. It's stamped with National Visa, validity 3 months. 

Important point being that pre-processing really helps. Our Pre-Approval letter states that we dont need it, since our Qualification and Salary are above the stated limit. Our visa were stamped with the designation which went into Pre-Apporval forms. 

Hope it helps. 
All the best! 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Employment Visa/New Delhi VFS/ZAV Letter
Answer
11/28/18 4:19 AM as a reply to Kapil Gupta.
Hi Kapil,
Thanks for sharing. I have also got similar response from ZAV that i do not need preapproval. However, I am told that i can't apply from VFS. Is that true. MY would-be employer HR has only shared the ZAV email response with me.
Please guide me emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/2/18 8:19 AM as a reply to T R.
T R:
Hi Kapil,
Thanks for sharing. I have also got similar response from ZAV that i do not need preapproval. However, I am told that i can't apply from VFS. Is that true. MY would-be employer HR has only shared the ZAV email response with me.
Please guide me emoticon
It's true. VFS staff is not consulate employee, per se. Their check list says - ZAV Letter. We got letter from ZAV - stating that we do not need Pre-Approval. Our employer's lawyer secured it and sent the original to us in India.  
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/1/19 2:35 PM as a reply to Kapil Gupta.
Hi,
I am also in New Delhi and exactly same case. M Visa appoinment with VFs is on 5th Apr.
I got response that i don tneed ZAV approval but m emppolyer send scannd copy of that letter.
Pls advise. 

Thanks.
PB
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/19 2:44 PM as a reply to pooja bansal.
Raghav Malhotra:
Hi Pooja,

I got my VISA within 4 days with ZAV stating that pre-approval is not needed. But Embassy requires an Original print of ZAV. An email copy won't work. You can whatsapp me on 9716017338 if you need any more help. I can understand your situation and anxiety. I went through the same. Good luck.
Regards,Raghav
Hi Raghav, 

Just wanted to clarify: You submitted your application at VFS with the original letter from ZAV saying that pre-approval is not required? 

I am in the same situation and am trying to figure out whether I need to apply through VFS or to the Embassy directly. 

Thanks!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/19 3:11 PM as a reply to Nikhil Sethi.
Nikhil Sethi:
Raghav Malhotra:
Hi Pooja,

I got my VISA within 4 days with ZAV stating that pre-approval is not needed. But Embassy requires an Original print of ZAV. An email copy won't work. You can whatsapp me on 9716017338 if you need any more help. I can understand your situation and anxiety. I went through the same. Good luck.
Regards,Raghav
Hi Raghav, 

Just wanted to clarify: You submitted your application at VFS with the original letter from ZAV saying that pre-approval is not required? 

I am in the same situation and am trying to figure out whether I need to apply through VFS or to the Embassy directly. 

Thanks!
If you have original ZAV Letter and your jusridiction in Delhi, then you may go to VFS directly. For us appintments were available for next day. And got back stamped passport in couple of days. There are 2 different links.. one for appointment at Embassy and another at VFS. Both of them go through VFS site itelf. 

Read exact info here: https://india.diplo.de/in-en/service/-/1803740

Important Information for Master, doctoral and post-doctorate Students, scholarship holders and certain highly skilled professionals!
Certain applicants can now submit their application for a German National Visa directly at the Service Provider VFS Global, thus skipping the wait time for an interview appointment at the German Mission. If you hail from the jurisdiction of the German Embassy in New Delhi or the German Consulate General in Mumbai, and you want to pursue doctoral, post-doctorate or Master studies and have a binding, unconditional admission letter from a German University or - have been awarded a full scholarship by an official German Institution for higher studies in Germany or - have a binding contract for a highly qualified employment in Germany and a binding approval letter issued by the competent German labor Authorities -“ZAV-Zustimmung” - (dependants from the New Delhi Embassy jurisdiction only) you can schedule an appointment for the submission of your visa application and submit it at the Visa Application Centre in New Delhi or in Mumbai.) 

and then click here https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/deu/

Hope this helps..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/19 3:17 PM as a reply to Kapil Gupta.
I have a letter from ZAV but it says that I do not need a pre-approval, which is creating a bit of confusion.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/19 3:31 PM as a reply to Nikhil Sethi.
Mine too. I have attcahed redacted doc. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/19 3:31 PM as a reply to Nikhil Sethi.
Mine too. Have attched redacted doc. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/19 3:44 PM as a reply to Kapil Gupta.
Did you submit your application with a scanned copy or the did you give the original letter as well
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/19 3:49 PM as a reply to Nikhil Sethi.
Our lawyer sent us the originals. We took copies and submitted only copies. Kept the original. You'll need original at Ausländerbehorde once you start working here. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/17/19 3:19 PM as a reply to Kapil Gupta.
The ZAV has a section that says pre-approval is granted on the condition that the mission abroad will determine the comparability of Indian university. Can you please tell me what is the relevance of this and if I have to provide some documentation regarding it.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/18/19 1:14 PM as a reply to Nikhil Sethi.
Your educational certificates should corrosponde to the job you are going to take up. In our case, our lawyer has sent copies of Resume, Educational Certificates and Experience Letters to ZAV. VFS staff went through all the educational qualifications we had and kept 2 set of copies. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/6/19 8:35 PM as a reply to Kapil Gupta.
If I have a job offer in financial analytics, but my recognized degree is Mechanical Engineering, would that cause any problem as an unrelated educational qualification for EU Blue Card approval? (my highest degree is MBA which is unrecognized and I have 6 years experience in financial analytics)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott