Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Germany Needs More Skilled Labor

Toggle
Germany Needs More Skilled Labor
Answer
10/20/04 3:37 PM
More Skilled Labor Needed, Experts Say

Germany's expert commission on immigration and integration says 25,000 qualified immigrants are needed to fill holes in the service industry in 2005. The suggestion has already met with resistance.

The independent expert commission said that qualified workers would be needed in sectors such as insurance and banking, the health industry, and engineering, adding that there was already a shortage of German workers with the necessary skills to fill jobs in those areas.

Read:
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,1564,1366832,00.html

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Germany Needs More Skilled Labor
Answer
10/20/04 4:40 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
Also read:

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,1564,1348010,00.html

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/04 5:36 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
*In April this year, ... *his original green card, ... had expired. That meant Wijaya, despite his contributions to the Germany economy, had to pack his bags.*", am I living in another world or this guy had a "special" GC which makes his expiring in April 2004?

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/04 6:17 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
It is not just that.
Whole text is full of mistakes.
Nothing new. Journalists just haben keine Ahnung.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/20/04 8:25 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
Hello to the regulars on this forum and the rest,

Replying to the first posting of the thread, I heard the same news on TV last night and I believe it is reliable information.

There are unfilled positions in Germany's technical as well as health sector but in order one to get there, one needs to match the qualifications/skills/experience really really close.

I was recently layed-off and luckily had three months notice before the end of my employment. After euphoric job search it did not take too long before opportunities came. I had the luxury to chose between offers. My conclusion from this experience is that unless you meet 90% of the requirements in the advertisement simply do not apply. The competition is really fierce at the moment and it is only going to get worse.

However IT jobs are going to leak away from Germany in the comming years as
labor costs in Germany are very high. The Government must come up with an idea to slash labor costs in Germany if they want to sustain this level or employment and improve it. Otherwise jobs will continue to move elsewhere and then there is trouble.

Lets have high hopes!

Regards,
Ice
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/04 2:12 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
Ice wrote:
The Government must come up with an idea to slash labor costs in Germany if they want to sustain this level or employment and improve it.

Maybe the government can slash taxes !!
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Re: Germany Needs More Skilled Labor
Answer
9/10/12 12:00 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
Eventually, not only Germany is in need of skilled workers but also America as well. According to this article here: Buy used automobile, contrary to public opinion, nobody is an island, at least for the most part. There are people we depend on to work without even realizing it, such as garbage collectors, utility workers and other skilled labor that go mainly unseen by many. However, much of this skilled labor is in progressively short supply, as a mechanic shortage, along with a number of skilled trades, is beginning to manifest itself.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott