Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Married a working resident in Germany

Toggle
Hello,
I am currently working with a Green card valid till 2007. I have married a girl who is working with a limited residence permit valid till September.
She wants to stop working and obtain a spouse visa on my behalf. We both are Indian passport holders. Is it possible for her to convert her current visa to spouse visa in germany itself without leaving Germany and applying for a new visa in German embassy in India ?

Regards
Mat
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Married a working resident in Germany
Answer
4/5/04 8:48 PM as a reply to mathew thomas.
Did you visit foreign office (Auslaenderamt)? perfect place to find out details. no harm! please give us your feed back.

I guess it should be possible only when you are registered in standesamt and recieving a marriage certificate from them. But I think you also have to wait for some period for this process to complete.

regards,
Nitin
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/5/04 9:08 PM as a reply to mathew thomas.
You can find same case in Visa Questions session... I was in same situation, i have visited Foreigners office(Auslandersamt), to convert work visa to dependent visa... You just need your latest payslips(better from 6 months) and Medical Insurance for your wife, Passport photograps(1 is enough, but carry few more), Your passport original, of course your wifes passport Original, and Anmeldung for both, House Contract and your Employment agreement. For safe side I am suggesting all these things.. mainly you just need ur wifes and urs original passports, ur wifes photo, ur payslips are enought to get.. but we don't know what they require, better carry all the above documents.. so the work will done within few minutes... one more thing some money also (about 30 €.. i am not sure how much exactly).

Have fun...

Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/6/04 2:59 PM as a reply to mathew thomas.
Thanks for sharing the experience. I will make a try
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18