Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Driving License!

Toggle
Driving License!
Answer
10/21/04 12:44 AM
I have a old driving license from Italy which is valid till 2011, Now I am going to get a temporary resident permit for Germany, I would like to transfer my Italian Driving license to Germany. Can some one guide me where and how can I transfer driving license.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Driving License!
Answer
10/21/04 1:55 PM as a reply to Parth Patel.
hello parth,
as far as i know any driving license obtained in a member country of the european union doesnt needs any change. so u can drive with your italian license.

the best solution would be to call TÜV and clarify this doubt.
0 (0 Votes)

Driving License, urgent question:GnR
Answer
10/21/04 2:21 PM as a reply to Parth Patel.
Dear friends,
I received my German driving licence in June this year.Two weeks back from today, I received a letter from the landesvertrieb Verkehrsamt that I must surrender my Indian driving license to them.
I dont want to do that, as in India, my indian driving license is needed, and German one is not recognized.Whats the solution?
GCs experienced in this matter, please reply at the earliest.
Thanks
as always
GnR
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/04 2:39 PM as a reply to Parth Patel.
@GnR:

I had 2-wheeler as well as 4-wheeler licence (as one) in India and here in Germany I did only that for 4-wheeler. I explained to the ppl in the Amt that I need my licence when I goto India on vacation and also to drive the bike! It worked.

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/04 3:42 PM as a reply to Parth Patel.
Fred,

You are lucky that they listened to you.

Otherwise, in my knowledge, the rule is that we have to submit our liscence to them. They say, that if we need to return back then we should submit them the german liscence and get back our indian liscence. I find this to be little bit crazy, because its quite hard and expensive to get german liscence, and then to return it is not fair.

But anyhow, here it works like this.

I mentioned in my previous message "Australia, Canada or .....", here in Germany many things depends on your luck. The person in amt listened to you and returned your indian liscence. My liscence is still with them and I have planned that I will go back and file a FIR that my liscence is lost and will try to get a new one.

GM
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/04 3:49 PM as a reply to Parth Patel.
Gnr,

I can't say if I am suggesting the right thing, but following are the options:

1. Go to them and explain them that u need it in india. If they understand, then good......

2. if they insist that u need to submit them, then tell your plans of visiting india (if u have any) and then file a fir in india of your lost liscence, bring it here and give it to them.

In india, there is a saying, "sometimes u need to bend your finger to get the Ghee out of Can (or maybe pickel out of bottel and so on...."

GM
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/21/04 5:27 PM as a reply to Parth Patel.
Thats right. I dont think its a big issue getting a duplicate licence in India. I think a simple FIR and the licence number will do.

-Fred
(TN, India)
0 (0 Votes)

Rights of Permanent Resident in Germany
Answer
10/21/04 6:39 PM as a reply to Parth Patel.
hi,
Can anyone give me some document in English, which describes, what are my rights are permanent resident in Germany. Can I work as free lancer, can I go to work in other coutries??

Greetings!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18