Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

German dependent Visa getting delayed

Toggle
German dependent Visa getting delayed Nalini Rayabhagi 9/20/18 5:45 PM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed moon mal 9/21/18 9:32 AM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed Nalini Rayabhagi 9/21/18 9:38 AM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed Sapna Aggarwal 2/16/19 4:50 AM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed Aniruddha 5/6/19 5:02 PM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed Nalini Rayabhagi 9/21/18 12:56 PM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed moon mal 9/24/18 11:27 AM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed Nalini Rayabhagi 9/24/18 2:21 PM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed Akshatha Appaji Gowda 9/23/18 12:23 PM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed moon mal 9/24/18 11:30 AM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed Nalini Rayabhagi 9/24/18 6:44 PM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed Nalini Rayabhagi 9/25/18 6:52 AM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed Nalini Rayabhagi 9/30/18 6:13 AM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed Smitha BS 10/2/18 6:41 PM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed Nalini Rayabhagi 10/3/18 7:32 AM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed Smitha BS 10/3/18 4:34 PM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed Nalini Rayabhagi 10/18/18 1:52 PM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed Smitha BS 10/24/18 6:17 PM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed Aniruddha 5/6/19 5:05 PM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed Nalini Rayabhagi 5/23/19 7:02 PM
RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed Sapna Aggarwal 12/24/19 4:08 AM
German dependent Visa getting delayed
Answer
9/20/18 5:45 PM
Hello,
I have applied my family reunion VISA in March 2018.
My husband was asked to submit the required documents in 1st week of April.
Mid May I have received a mail from the consulate asking for original documets for marriage verification along with a fee for the verification. and around 20th July, investigation officer has visited my parents house and also my in-law's house. Till now we don't have any update on my application. when we contact the consulate, we are getting reply that verification is still in process.
It would be very helpful if anyone could throw some light on how long it would take for verification.
And at the same time how good it would be if I apply for a tourist VISA before I get an approval for the national VISA.

-- Nalini
0 (0 Votes)

RE: German dependent Visa getting delayed
Answer
9/21/18 9:32 AM as a reply to Nalini Rayabhagi.
Sorry to hear about your situation. 
When your process continue with marriage verification, then it vl take atleast another 12 weeks for the process. 

Once this verification got approved and received in germany, you willl get the approval within a week via email from indian german consulate.

DONT APPLY ANY OTHER VISA WHILE NATIONAL VISA IN PROCESS. In this case your both visas get rejected. It is a strict rule by German law.

If you need anyother info., let me know
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/21/18 9:38 AM as a reply to moon mal.
Thank you for your reply.
I have enquired with the consulate and also VFS global about applying for tourist visa when national visa is in process and both have confirmed that I can apply.
Still I feel hesitant and confused. 
it would be great if can give me info if you know anyone who applied like this or any experience like this
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/21/18 12:56 PM as a reply to moon mal.
I have one more question. You have specified 12 weeks for verification process. Is that from the time I have submitted the originals to the consulate or from the time investigation officer visited us.Can you please confirm the same.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/23/18 12:23 PM as a reply to moon mal.
Hi....
I have applied for German spouse visa and finished my interview and documents submission on 10th September 2018, from Bangalore consulate. They took my original passport and marriage certificate. And told me " we will call you after 4 week come and collect the passport" my husband has a blue card. They took two set photocopy of application form, declaration form, all pages of my passport and copy of all pages of my husbands passport, my degree certificate, A1 certificate, my birth certificate, my husbands blue card, house contract(60sq apartment with 2bed room), my husbands work contract, insurance that covers family, and travel insurance, 4photos, Demand draft. Can you please tell me  what is the procedure that we have to undergo after the visa interview. And how long will it take to get visa 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/18 11:27 AM as a reply to Nalini Rayabhagi.
It is from the time you submitted for the verification process not visa application submission.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/18 11:30 AM as a reply to Akshatha Appaji Gowda.
Akshatha Appaji Gowda:
Hi....
I have applied for German spouse visa and finished my interview and documents submission on 10th September 2018, from Bangalore consulate. They took my original passport and marriage certificate. And told me " we will call you after 4 week come and collect the passport" my husband has a blue card. They took two set photocopy of application form, declaration form, all pages of my passport and copy of all pages of my husbands passport, my degree certificate, A1 certificate, my birth certificate, my husbands blue card, house contract(60sq apartment with 2bed room), my husbands work contract, insurance that covers family, and travel insurance, 4photos, Demand draft. Can you please tell me  what is the procedure that we have to undergo after the visa interview. And how long will it take to get visa 

seems all u did in order. so wait for email or call from consulate. timing varies from 4week to 12 weeeks...

keep fingers crossed.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/24/18 2:21 PM as a reply to moon mal.
Thanks for your reply.. it's already 4 months since I have submitted the documents for verification. Other than waiting, I don't see any other option.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/18 6:44 PM as a reply to Akshatha Appaji Gowda.
Akshatha Appaji Gowda:
Hi....
i think you just have to wait for their e-mail now.. good luck!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/25/18 6:52 AM as a reply to Nalini Rayabhagi.
Ah!! Finally got update from consulate that the verification is completed and I will have to now wait for final decision from them. Not sure how long this would take.. 
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
9/30/18 6:13 AM as a reply to Nalini Rayabhagi.
My husband got an email from the AHB with appointment for him to come and meet them in person. Is this the general procedure.? It would be great if someone can throw some light on this.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/2/18 6:41 PM as a reply to Nalini Rayabhagi.
Hi, My name is Smitha. I have applied for Germany national visa( family reunion visa) from Bangalore German Consulate on july 31st 2018 and last week I got to that my application is rejected.I got a letter along with my passport last week when I went to collect original documents.The letter had the reason why my Visa application is rejected.The reason was my spouse's current residence permit (same during the visa application) is valid only till November 2nd 2018 which is not one year from July 31st 2018. Now I have raised an appeal for the rejection because my spouse has got new residence permit which is valid till November 2019.
My question is my husband will get this new residence permit on October 19th 2018 meanwhile I have submitted the temporary residence permit given by Germany authority and also the appointment letter given by German Authority to collect the actual residence permit on October 19th 2018.
Are these documents enough for my appeal request to get approve? Is the temporary residence permit a valid document? Will the Authority wait for October 19th to approve my appeal as my husband's residence permit will be issued on that date? Will they approve my appeal request on the basis of letter given by them for the appointment to pick up my husband's new residence permit? Or my appeal will reject for the reason that I have appealed on the basis of temporary residence permit? Could someone please help me?

The temporary visa is also valid till November 12th 2019(more than 1 year from July 31st) .
The new residence permit is valid till November 30th 2019

Many thanks in advance
Smitha
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/3/18 7:32 AM as a reply to Smitha BS.
Hi Smitha.. sorry to hear about your situation. I'm not sure if consulate will consider your request on the application once they have taken a decision on the same. May be try calling them and ask the same. If they are in good mood you will get a response from them. Also make sure that you write an email to the consulate addressing the same. But I will say have least expectations on getting a response when you call or mail them because the consulate guys are so very unpredictable. Wish you good luck!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/3/18 4:34 PM as a reply to Nalini Rayabhagi.
Hi Nalini
Thank you for concern and reply.To appeal for the rejection was not my choice.When I spoke to people at Consulate they suggested me that if you want to submit additional documents which you think would serve the rejection purpose then you can write an email with reason and purpose and new documents or should appeal. As you know to get reply for email I will have to wait for ages so I thought better approach is appeal also appeal will be addressed with high importance and will be immediate.I wanted to know if anyone has done as such in the past.
Anyway appreciate your reply and concern. Could someone know about this can reply me please? Meanwhile I will keep you guys posted if I hear anything from consulate

Thank you
Smitha
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/18/18 1:52 PM as a reply to Nalini Rayabhagi.
Finally got approval for my visa and just got my visa stamped. But the consulate hasn't given me any of my original documents which I gave for marriage verification. They said, as per system the verification is not yet completed so they can't release my originals. Has anyone faced this situation? And I'm travelling to Germany next week. How would I register myself as a dependent without my original marriage certificate? Kindly help me..
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/24/18 6:17 PM as a reply to Nalini Rayabhagi.
Hi Nalini, Congratulations on your Visa approval.My case is little different as I had mentioned earlier my Visa application was refused initially and hence I got my originals(marriage certificate and passport) back . I had raised appeal for the rejection and last week I got a call from consulate saying my appeal is granted and they asked me to come and submit the passport for stamping and also I have to go through biometric.I have done that and didn't get my passport on the same day back.They have asked me to wait for confirmation call or email to come and collect the passport. Do you have any idea how many days will they take to stamp and handover my passport back?
Anybody who have idea please reply and your help is much appreciated.

Thanks 
Smitha
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/16/19 4:50 AM as a reply to Nalini Rayabhagi.
Hello 

Here you have mentioned that one can apply for a tourist visa while the dependent visa application in in process. Can you please tell me that how is it possible without a passport. As my passport is with consulate for dependent visa. 

Best Regards
SapnaA.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/6/19 5:02 PM as a reply to Sapna Aggarwal.
Sapna Aggarwal:
Hello 

Here you have mentioned that one can apply for a tourist visa while the dependent visa application in in process. Can you please tell me that how is it possible without a passport. As my passport is with consulate for dependent visa. 

Best Regards
SapnaA.
Hello Sapna,

They should never take your passport for Family Reunion visa. I don't know why they took.
You can not apply for tourist visa, when another visa process is in progress, as far as I know.

Could you also let me know, if you got your VISA in the mean while ! I am also waiting for my wife's visa and it has been almost 4 months.

Thanks and Regards,
Aniruddha
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/6/19 5:05 PM as a reply to Nalini Rayabhagi.
Nalini Rayabhagi:
Finally got approval for my visa and just got my visa stamped. But the consulate hasn't given me any of my original documents which I gave for marriage verification. They said, as per system the verification is not yet completed so they can't release my originals. Has anyone faced this situation? And I'm travelling to Germany next week. How would I register myself as a dependent without my original marriage certificate? Kindly help me..
Hello Nalini,
It's been long, hope you will see the thread.
I would like to know what you did in this situation. Marriage Certificate Original is necessary in Germany for extension and for tax category change. How did you manage ? It's quite strange they kept your Original Marriage Certificate. I would issue a duplicate before leaving for Germany in your situation.

Kind Regards,
Aniruddha
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/23/19 7:02 PM as a reply to Aniruddha.
Hallo Aniruddha,
Got to reply the post only now..
Initially when my VISA got approved, the consulate in Chennai told me that they can release the documents only later as the system status says verification is still pending.
For this reason, i asked them to send a mail to me saying the same.
Later, in Bundesamt we have shown this email and obviously they said they want the information directly from the German consulate. After lot of communications, finally German  consulate, chennai has managed to send the verification report to the Bundesamt and also mentioned that the originals are held by them. So, with this Email Bundesamt has accepted that our marriage certificate is verified and they said ok.

But the sad part is, in March 2019, I got an email from German consulate Chennai, saying they have lost all our original documents. They are so irresponsible and finally agreed to send a copy with their stamp on it. But still copy of one of the documents is missing. and when i have asked them about that, they are so impatient to listen and also read emails, two times they have sent me a wrong document (for which i have not submitted original at all). I seriously would like to take an action on them. But no idea how would i approach.

Regards,
Nalini
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/24/19 4:08 AM as a reply to Nalini Rayabhagi.
I hope u got ur visa. But if not plz read my post about how I got my family reunion visa. 
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott