Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Have a Daueraufenthalt-EG but want to go for a PhD outside EU... now what?

Toggle
Dear all,

I have a Daueraufenthalt-EG and I am planning to go for Graduate studies in Japan. My understanding is that after one year outside EU I will loose my resident status here.

What should I do? Is there a way to avoid this to happen? Any advices??

Thank you

Sergio
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Have a Daueraufenthalt-EG but want to go for a PhD outside EU... now wh
Answer
11/8/08 3:53 AM as a reply to Sergio Reis.
What should I do?

See below

Is there a way to avoid this to happen?

Yes!

Any advices??

Don't go to Japan!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/11/08 9:42 PM as a reply to Sergio Reis.
Ok. But this is not very a constructive advice.

What happens if I keep angemeldet "living at a friend's"? Will they really check?

What kind of problem could I have? I never get stamps on my passport when I enter Europe anyways.

What can go wrong?

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/11/08 9:57 PM as a reply to Sergio Reis.
Ok. But this is not very a constructive advice.

I think it is, because you want all the things. In Germany a lot restrictions exist for residence permit. You cannot have everything you want. That's why they put 6 month restriction for NE and 1 year restriction for DE-EG. That's why I said "don't go".

What happens if I keep angemeldet "living at a friend's"? Will they really check?

Friend is no problem. Your registration will be logged at Finanzamt (Internal Revenue Service) and Ausländerbehörde. Your data might be always be logged, to see that you are "alive". They cannot give permit to dead person. They must see that person is alive which they given permit to. Also, GEZ will send you data for confirmation. If they cannot get confirmation, they might ask you data repeatedly. This might be annoying for your friend, because he will get a lot of letters for your name.

What kind of problem could I have? I never get stamps on my passport when I enter Europe anyways.

This is true, but you can never know what the policemen check behind the computer at the passport check. Flight companies might pass passenger data to police and they can catch you whether you are longer than 6 months or not.

And also, if you can come to Germany after, say, 7 months, you must be careful with local authorities, just in case, because you must not inform in any way that you were absent. Staying outside of Germany longer than 6 months might immediately void your permit w.r.t. AufenthG $51.1.2 ( http://www.aufenthaltstitel.de/aufenthaltsg.html#51 ).

Don't do illegal stuff, don't trust yourself too much. This is my personal advice.

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/13/08 12:25 AM as a reply to Sergio Reis.
Yes, go to the ABH, explain your plans and ask for an extension of the 6 month period ( § 51.1.7 ). They can give you this in writing, and will tell you when you have to come back in order not to loose your D-EG, when you come back have this paper at hand. Also take into account that this may complicate a citizenship application later on (some times might not be counted depending on where you put your application).

This is not legal advice btw.

Cheers,
-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/13/08 12:54 AM as a reply to Sergio Reis.
Hey thanks a lot for the advices.

Actually I am not living in Germany anymore, but I still live in the EU. So before leaving EU for my studies, I will return to Germany do an Anmeldung at my friend's city and consult the local Auslaenderamt. They are quite ok people over there.

I think as long as I come back every year I would be fulfilling the legal constraints of my DA-EG. Though it will be weired to come for a week do an Anmeldung on a Monday and an Abmeldung on the following Friday.

Do you guys see a problem with that?

Regarding applying for German citizenship I don't care much because they force me to give up my current passport and I don't feel like being an alien in my own country emoticon

Thanks!
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18