Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Changing Job after sigining the Contract

Toggle
Hi Friends,

I have already signed a job-contract with a company for a period of 2 years. Now, I have found another job which i feel is much better than the former.
Is it possible to switch to another company now, since i have signed the job-contract?

I have not applied for work-permit yet.I am really confused.Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Sam.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Changing Job after sigining the Contract
Answer
8/24/10 1:56 AM as a reply to Swaminathan Parthasarathy.
Hey Sam,

Have you ever gone through your contract ?. There is a section which deals with this issues.If not, then then normal Kundigungs rules apply.

It is quite unfortunate that ( Due to lack of German Knowledge) we tend to sign without even knowing what is the content and later come up with questions like the above which are all in and described in the contract.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/25/10 3:47 AM as a reply to Swaminathan Parthasarathy.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Nothing is mentioned about cancellation before starting the job.

Would it be a problem if i cancel the contract before the commencement of my work?

Thanks..

Sam.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/26/10 9:44 PM as a reply to Swaminathan Parthasarathy.
ISSUES is right...scrutinise your contract!

If the contract is silent on how to deal with such a situation and there are no oral agreements, a termination notice before the work actually starts is legally possible.

The follow up question would be:

When does the notice period start?

In this case the notice period begins right with the service of the written termination notice onto your employer and not with the (future) date one is supposed to start the employment.

contact(at)kanzlei-jain.de
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/26/10 11:55 PM as a reply to Swaminathan Parthasarathy.
if nothing is mentioned about such situation then you should send the termination notice at any time from your side without joing the comapny.

otherwise there should be some clause that you have to pay 1-3 months salary or any losses to the company which could arise due to your cancellation before joing. in that case it could be any amount of penalty to you. In worst case you can join and resign the same day with any reason such as you didnt like office coffee.

its better you talk to them and tell that you cant join, i am sure they will understand. Why someone would force you to join?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/29/10 3:38 AM as a reply to Swaminathan Parthasarathy.
Thank you friends...

Sam.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3