Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

FAQ and important Links!

Can I claim Tax return from 2005 (paid tax as single), if my wife arrived i

Toggle
I would like to get some ideas or suggestions from all of you about claming tax. I got married last year in the month of May 2005. My wife applied for Visa in August and finally she arrived in Germany on February 2006. After that I could able to change my tax class from 1 to 3.

1. Now the question is it possible to get back the tax amount that I paid as a single person in 2005 even though I was married?
2. If yes will I get back for the whole year 2005 or from the month I got married?
3. Is it possible also to claim tax for the travel expenses I made to travel to my home country to bring my wife?

I would really appreciate if I get some suggestions and advices from all of you. Thanks a lot.

Aryan.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Can I claim Tax return from 2005 (paid tax as single), if my wife arriv
Answer
3/4/06 12:11 AM as a reply to raj aryan.
1. Now the question is it possible to get back the tax amount that I paid as a single person in 2005 even though I was married?

No, because your wife arrived in 2006. You may claim if your wife would have arrived in 2005.
But you can claim the amount of money that you have sent to your wife during 2005 (with a lot of prove of course :-) )

2. If yes will I get back for the whole year 2005 or from the month I got married?

obsolete!

3. Is it possible also to claim tax for the travel expenses I made to travel to my home country to bring my wife?

you may, but it is better if you go to tax consultan to ask.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott