Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

If i am a German and ....... ?

Toggle
If i am a German and ....... ?
Answer
11/17/08 1:53 AM
Hello all,

If I am german, living and working:
1- in EU outside Germany
OR
2- outside EU.

... and if I lose job. and if I come back to Germany. Is it possible to get ALG? Noting that i have been paying all tax and social security for last 8 years, but didnt pay from the time when i moved out of Germany for work.

thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: If i am a German and ....... ?
Answer
11/17/08 10:39 PM as a reply to europe2008 europe2008.
Hi
You are eligible to get unemployment benefits in the country where you were last insured. You can't come back to Germany after working and being insured in another country x months/years and claim ALG in Germany just because you paid x years of ALG insurance before leaving Germany..

http://www.eu-info.de/sozialversicherung-eu/6168/

You may probably transfer your unemployment benefit claims from your country of stay to Germany. Provided that your country of stay is an EU country and they are offering such benefits.. But you may need to do some paper work to get it done..

http://www.arbeitsagentur.de/nn_27986/zentraler-Content/A07-Geldleistung/A074-Sozialversicherung/Allgemein/Internationales.html

But as a German citizen you can always claim ALG2 when you come back to Germany..

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/18/08 1:38 PM as a reply to europe2008 europe2008.
@europe

A tip from my side -

Try searching Freiwillige versicherung in Arbeitsamt webpage. You will find some interesting points

@lacrima

so did u manage to get ur NE?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/19/08 2:37 AM as a reply to europe2008 europe2008.
@raj
Yep.. got my NE almost a year back.. now I am thinking about to go for the citizenship with this 6 year(besondere Integrationsleistungen) regulation..

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3