Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Visit visa to UK on GC germany

Toggle
Visit visa to UK on GC germany
Answer
2/1/05 3:46 PM
Hello, I need some useful information.I am planning to visit UK along with my wife.I am GC holder and my wife got dependable visa for germany as we married.I saw requirement for british visit visa, they need a letter from company. i can provide this letter but my wife is not working..
Does any body has this experience?ß
thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Visit visa to UK on GC germany
Answer
2/1/05 4:33 PM as a reply to salman khan.
i supose it will be enough.
why don't you ask?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/1/05 4:43 PM as a reply to salman khan.
Hi,

When i have applied i have attached the following things,

1. Invitation letter from a friend in UK
2. Letter from company for mentioning holiday for particular period and confirming employment with them.
3. Bank statement.
4. Rathus registration
5. Of course passport, filled up form and Photo- 2 nos.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Baskey
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/05 12:13 PM as a reply to salman khan.
Thanks for your answer,
Hello, Another question that I want to send by post becs my city is far away. Should I send the original passport or its photy copy is enough??
thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/2/05 1:52 PM as a reply to salman khan.
Hallo Salman,
Where do u think they will stamp the visa??;-)
Well you have to send the passport in real and have to take the risk. But sending by post is a real headache because it will take weeks before you get the visa and maybe they will even ask you again to come for a interview personally. So best bet is take one day holiday and be there at around 9.00 and get ur visa stamped at around 3.00.

Cheers
Rajesh
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/4/05 12:58 AM as a reply to salman khan.
Hi,
You can get required document list from http://www.british-embassy.de/en/consular/visas/need_visa.htm
For my self I attached refrence letter from employer+photocopy of passport of my brother in UK(to whom you want to visit)
+phots+ 5 years fees(By the way I have already 6 months UK visa before comming to Germany on basis of German job from my native country)

Same I did when I got married(my wife got first time UK visa). We both got 5 years visit visa & I posted passport by registed post with selfaddressed registered envelope.

No interview,but all facts explained in accompnied application with form.

Regards.

Dilbir
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/4/05 11:11 AM as a reply to salman khan.
There is also option not to go to the embassy and not to send your passport via post to Düsseldorf(processing takes long time). Instead you can use courier services listed on this page

http://www.britischebotschaft.de/ de/consular/visas/visa_beantragen.htm

My wife used one of them and everything worked perfectly. They have picked up the passport and application on thursday, and brought back the passport (with visa in it) on monday.

If you have invitation letter of the UK company everything should run smooth. Your german company should give you written confirmation that they will pay your expenses for the visit to UK, too.

Unfortunately I cannot tell you how to get visa for your wife. I would say the best way is that english company invites also your wife :-) .
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott