Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Unemployment by Greencardholder

Toggle
Unemployment by Greencardholder
Answer
12/15/04 12:29 AM
Hi everybody

I have a question and would like to have your advice and information. 4 years ago, i came to Germany for my master study. After I finished my cource, I got a position at a german company in Bayern and have been working for nearly 2 years as project engineer. Because my company offered me a 2year contract (it is normal at my company, every new comer will get a 2 year contract and this contract will be extended later on after 2 years if everything runs well), so i also got a "Aufenhalterlaubnis als IT Fachkraft im Bereich Projektierung Programmierung" for 2years. My question ist:

- is it a greencard visa ?
- If my contract is not extended after 2 years (in March 2005), could I stay in Germany to find another job ? if yes, for how long ? within that time could I have Arbeitslosgeld ?
- If I loose my job and find another one, how long would I receive for my visa ? another 3 or 5 years ?

Waiting for your information.
thanks.
win_som
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Unemployment by Greencardholder
Answer
12/15/04 1:04 PM as a reply to win som.
1. Yes it is highly probably greencard visa, esp. if it is written in it "gem. ItArgV".

2. You will get first visa extension for 3 months, and then probably it will be possible another 3 Months, depending on how long are you eglible for aribetslosengeld. Immediately after you lose your job, go to immigration office and ask for visa for "arbeitssuche". ONLY THEN you can go to arbeitsamt and apply for arbeitslosengeld. Do it immediately after you have lost your job. Even better: find a new job or clarify the situation with your current company, and save yourself nerves before expiry of 2 yrs.

3. For new job that you find you will probably get visa until Mar. 2008 (if you have started at present company in Mar. 2003). If you find job in 06/2005 you also get visa until 03/2008.

This stuff is however not quite clear yet, we have to see what will "beamten" do when GC changes job after 1.1.05. This what I wrote here was valid in 2002,2003 and 2004.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/04 3:59 PM as a reply to win som.
does this apply to GCs with visa valid till 2008 and the company name not mentioned in the visa? I am still not clear what i should do.... i am changing my job in january. i am wondering if i have to go to AB or ABH for any reason.
I heard that since no company is mentioned in my visa, i would not need to go anywhere. just give information to the new company, sign the contract and start working. maybe its wrong????????
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/04 4:20 PM as a reply to win som.
Hi Bizzare

I don´t get you.

First: you have the duty to notify any change in your state. A change of job is a change of state.

SecondemoticonK, but apart from that, how do you plan to get unemployment benefit if you don´t inform Arbeitsamt? They are not magicians, you have to notify them that you will be unemployed (normally you know it a little time before).

Regards
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/04 4:59 PM as a reply to win som.
Something else is problem.
Your first firma made work permit for you.
So should do your second firma.
You do not have to go anywhere but your firma has to pursue a new work permit for you and give it to you and keep copy.
If you do not do it then you work schwarz.

Until 1.1. AA gives WP.
After that datum, ABH.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/04 10:57 PM as a reply to win som.
hi Dvd and all,
I understand ur point. thanks for replying.
I am still employed with the present company. my contract with the present company is getting over by jan 30th but another partner company wants me to work for them as soon as i leave this job. so that would mean, i wouldnt be taking any arbeitslosgeld from arbeitsamt. but according to ur info, i would have to inform them anyhow. eh?
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott