Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Transit visa in the UK

Toggle
Transit visa in the UK
Answer
10/30/06 11:52 AM
Hello,

Does any one know whether a transit visa is required to catch a connecting flight at UK Heathrow?

We are flying to India from Munich with British Airways and we have a 1-2 hr transit at London Heathrow.

We are Indian passport holders with the 5 year German Residency permit.

Please advice.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Transit visa in the UK
Answer
10/30/06 12:05 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
Have a look at the following link

http://www.britischebotschaft.de/en/consular/visas/additional_info.htm#airside

Holders of valid Category D visas issued by EU/EEA member states which are valid for more than 3 months;

I am not sure what a D type visa means. Better write a mail to the British consulate and ask them or better call them
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/30/06 12:23 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
Had a look in wikipedia. Looks like 'D' is long term visa. So its a possibility that u dont need a transit visa. Just call the BA in germany and ask for the details.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/1/06 7:55 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
Hi Raj,
Thanks for the quick reply. I contacted BA and also London Heathrow Terminal one, emigration dept. They gave the same info, that if I have a D category visa I dont need a transit visa.

I called the British Embassy in Duesseldorf, and they asked me to just read my visa number, and also clarified whether my visa number is starting with a capital 'D'. I think all our visas are starting with a capital D. If this is the case, we dont need a transit visa.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/1/06 8:48 PM as a reply to chandrasekar krishnamurthy.
It does't really matter what visa you have. We dont need a transit visa if the transit time is less than 24 Hours.

My mother travelled to USA on visiting visa by BA and did't need any Transit visa for UK.

vamsi.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18