Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Will I loose my NE if I deregister?

Toggle
Will I loose my NE if I deregister?
Answer
1/19/07 7:33 PM
Hello All,
Current status:I have NE(unlimited residence permit) and living in germany for more than 6 years and will be moving to zurich in April permanently.I will consider to visit germany once in 6 months if this will avoid loosing my NE status.

1.Will I loose my NE if I deregister(Abmeldung of my residence)?
I am forced to do this in order to cancel my health insurance.
2.Can I request KVR to make my NE valid even if I am abroad for more than 6 months?

Please share your expereinces and thoughts!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Will I loose my NE if I deregister?
Answer
1/20/07 2:31 AM as a reply to sherlock neo.
Yes, you will loose your NE if you deregister from Germany or go to live somewhere else permanently.

For the health insurance, you can sometimes convert it to an international insurance, where you pay in Germany and are covered internationally. And when you come back to Germany, can convert it back to a German insurance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/21/07 11:50 AM as a reply to sherlock neo.
Or If possible, you should change your GKV to PKV (Private Krankenversicherung). They normally cover internationally (or for couple of euros per month).

But is it a rule that the GKV asks for abmeldung document if you want to Kündigung.

Sun
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/22/07 3:41 PM as a reply to sherlock neo.
I am privately insured with Allianz ,after reading your replies I get a feeling that I can skip deregistration and visit germany once in six months so I do not loose my NE status.Please tell me if this is acceptable?

cheers!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/16/08 1:20 PM as a reply to sherlock neo.
I have the similar case. I would be leaving Germany to join an Indian company who might send me back to Germany to work here within next 6 months. This is why I don't wanna lose my NE and don't wanna pay my apartment rent and insurances here. And for both these things, I need to deregister from Germany.

Is it really sure that I would lose my NE in case I deregister? Can someone point me to relevant law?

Cheers,
Vikas
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/16/08 3:54 PM as a reply to sherlock neo.
Well according to my knowledge, just by deregistering, the NE ( or Aufenthalt) does not become invalid, one can deregister and come back within 6 months time becuase the law says, if you are out of Germany more than 6 months, then your Residence permit becomes invalid.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/16/08 5:13 PM as a reply to sherlock neo.
My understanding was the same but looking at this thread you can deduce that we might be wrong. Can a real expert enlighten us with some excerpts from the law?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/20/08 3:16 AM as a reply to sherlock neo.
See my answer here:
http://www.trust7.com/en/foren/visa_questions/validity_of_niederlassung_on_leaving_germany

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3