Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Help, help help!!

Toggle
Help, help help!!
Answer
11/30/05 1:52 PM
Hi there,

I want to thank all who helped me with my last question. My work permit was not able to come through as the work I do is not used in Germany yet..

So I now have a new dilemma, and really have searched, called and scoured every source I could find. I'm really hoping you might be bale to help me.

My fiance and I have decided to move our wedding date ahead somewhat.

(He is an American in Germany on a 2-3 year work post, with all the neccesary permits, I am a South African currently residing in SA.)

We would like to get married in the USA in June, when he goes on his home leave, so that we can have *some* family and friends present.

I would like to join him in February, as we have already been apart for months.

Now my problem is which visa to apply for? The student visa I'm told will take quite a while and I may not get one as to be acepted you need to show proof of Geman profiency. A language course visa would end up being rather expensive as the visa I need must be long enough for me to get there in February, and have some time left on it after June whilst we have the spousal visa registered.

if I go in on a tourist visa, could I then apply for a language course in Germany and get a visa for the course duration?

I have been told by the embassy that I can apply for a residency permit now on the basis of our impending marriage, but I'm not sure what to believe,as each time I call them I get a different answer. Also this apprently take 3 months to process - after you have gotten birth certificates, apostilles, police clearances you name it. And here, that could take a while on it's own.

I'm feeling a bit hopeless about this situation, and would appreciate any views on what my options are as quickly as they can come..

Thank you so much!
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Help, help help!!
Answer
11/30/05 2:45 PM as a reply to Toni Joseph.
Get intouch with VPMK. I think this sugesstion was given to you in a similar post.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Help, help help!!
Answer
11/30/05 7:07 PM as a reply to Toni Joseph.
in addition to GCK2005, my suggestion here would be to think about getting a visa for doing language course. this would be expensive but still, i don't think its that expensive. If you join a course in volkshochschule then it costs around 325 euro for three months (5 days a week). Also you can get visa fast. After comming here you can constinue your course and apply for extentions. meanwhile you can also apply for proper spouse visa as you would be married.

important - dont tell embassy that u r trying to marry and using some other route to get visa easily or fastly - i have seen such case in australian embassy here. one german girl went to embassy with her australian husbad and asked for tourist visa for one year. officer asked her are u married or just friends. she said i am married. then he asked it means in future u will like to live with your husband. she said yes, may be. and officer said then u should apply for spouse visa. and he the refused to take their application for tourist visa. all this conversation was in very friendly manner but th result was not so friendly
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott