Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

GC Extended

Toggle
GC Extended
Answer
3/23/05 10:40 AM
Greetings people. My wife has got the GC extension (she is also GC same as me). After 51 months in Germany, and ca. 50 Months work. The validity is now further 2.5 years beyond original 5 years GC. Unfortunately there is no BE, it is still written "limited to firma XYZ" erlischt mit beendigung der tätigkeit. This was managed with written request(s) to ABH. First they wanted to do arbeitsmarktprüfung, however then she rejected it (in written form) because she is still working in same company. They have accepted this, but then at the end they put these unnecessary limits. For others planning to do that - you must have reason to change your visa. Her reason was that she could not get visa for some other country since german AE expires, and this visa was necessary for the project she is working on. This was all documented with apropriate documents from german and foreign company.

After we have waited 53 minutes for this procedure, although there was nobody else there under this letter, we did not have time to complain, also the non-written complain would be probably useless since when she gave her request the officer in charge actually did not let her speak. The first contact was "I do not understand what do you want, your visa is still valid", then after the previous letters were shown they just took the papers and said "Wait outside".
0 (0 Votes)

Re: GC Extended
Answer
3/23/05 11:38 AM as a reply to Cedomir Dijanovic.
Hi cedomir,

it's terrible. They are doing what they want. Only good thing is that they are treating all the people the same way - an GC-holder same as a criminal.Keiner kommt durch! :-)

By the way, are you in MUC?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/23/05 11:49 AM as a reply to Cedomir Dijanovic.
I am reading thsi but I do not want to comment anything to avoid accidentaly insulting somebody.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/23/05 1:08 PM as a reply to Cedomir Dijanovic.
Hi Cedomir,

is it possible that you send me letters and list of documents that your wife prepared because I am in same situation.

My GC will expire in October 2005. and because of my job I will need to travel to UK and USA and some other countries and I can not get my visa because GC is valid for next 6.5 months.

My email is dr_oli@hotmail.com.

Regards/Pozdrav,
Dracus
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/23/05 11:10 PM as a reply to Cedomir Dijanovic.
@cedomir ,

Herzlichen Glückwünsch zu Dir und deiner Frau!

One Question though:

Did she only ask for 2.5 Years Extension or did they decide to give her 2.5 Years Extension based on the duration of the Job to be undertaken in the Foreign Country ?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/23/05 11:25 PM as a reply to Cedomir Dijanovic.
Yes. I forgot to tell this. She asked for (only) aditional 2.5 years. It has nothing to do with foreign company or ABH. The project duration is until end of 2005. I have read in some internal instructions of ABH or in some law that ABH must not give you longer visa than you have requested.
So ask for whatever you feel apropriate. I myself would probably write the date which equals to the duration of the passport. Anyway this AE will hopefully not have long life, since after 5 yrs (in 01/06) we will both ask for permanent residence. She has also unlimited contract, it it also not written that if contract ends if residence permit ends.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott