Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Immigrant marrying Immigrant.. Pls advice

Toggle
Hi All,

I have NE with unlimited work contract and live here in Germany 6 years. and I will getting married in August to my girl friend. She is doing Phd and living here in Germany more than 3.5 year.
She has normal AE limited till Sep'07 and her contract can't be extended further. We both are from India. We would like to get married in India.

I would like to know,

1)if we get married in India August'07, will it be a problem to extend her visa as her AE expires in Sep'07?

2)Normally after the marriage one has to get the marriage certificate translated to German and should go the embassy in India for visa. In our case, we should go to ausländer amt and submit the certificate and the visa? As wife of NE holder she should get AE or BE. Is my understanding correct.?

3)Or the headache with visa procedure will be less if we both get married here in Germany?

4)After the marriage can she work if she found a new job or she should wait one year?

I have went through the spouse visa procedures in trust7 wiki, i couldn't find more info for my case.

Has anyone gone through something similar. Please advice.

Bst Rds
Anni
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Immigrant marrying Immigrant.. Pls advice
Answer
4/12/07 3:00 PM as a reply to anni anni.
@anni123

We both are from India. We would like to get married in India.

Why? You could also get married here in indian embassy in Germany.

1)if we get married in India August'07, will it be a problem to extend her visa as her AE expires in Sep'07?

Yes, the german govt. would send detective to varify your wedding and it takes upto 6 months.

2)Normally after the marriage one has to get the marriage certificate translated to German and should go the embassy in India for visa. In our case, we should go to ausländer amt and submit the certificate and the visa? As wife of NE holder she should get AE or BE. Is my understanding correct.?

Yes, that is correct.

3)Or the headache with visa procedure will be less if we both get married here in Germany?

Certainly.

4)After the marriage can she work if she found a new job or she should wait one year?

As spouse of NE holder she should get AE/BE, she can work if she found a job.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/07 3:41 PM as a reply to anni anni.
@Akshay,

Thanks for your nice idea to get married in Indian embassy. Actually we would like to get married in India with our family. Will be difficult get visa for 20 people (minimum) to come Germany on our wedding. But However I will get it a thought about marring in Indian embassy.

Bst Rds
Anni
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/07 3:59 PM as a reply to anni anni.
@anni123

Who says you can't marry twice? :-)

After getting marriage certificate from embassy, you can have your grand gala wedding with band-baza, ghodi-shodi and fireworks in India.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/07 4:26 PM as a reply to anni anni.
Even Christians do marry in the church once and again in the Registrar´s Office (Standesamt in Germany).

Only that it should be the same girl! ;-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/07 5:04 PM as a reply to anni anni.
That's true. When its clear that, it will reduce headaches with visa process than why not twice and of course with same girl :-)

I will call the Indian embassy and see. The embassy website doesn't provide any info about marrying in embassy. Has anyone done before.?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/07 6:19 PM as a reply to anni anni.
I dont know why Akshay suggested to get married in the Indian Embassy. I didnt know that they conduct marriages! ;)

Btw, since both of you are already here, cant you submit your papers to the local Standesamt and get married here itself?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/07 6:52 PM as a reply to anni anni.
@fred

The marriages of indian citizens outside of India come under The Foreign Marriage Act, 1969. Which can be registered at any indian consulate in respective country.

http://www.gendwaar.gen.in/Acts/THE%20FOREIGN%20MARRIAGE%20ACT.htm
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/12/07 7:00 PM as a reply to anni anni.
@fred,

I think anyway we have to go the Indian embassy.

Foreigners who wants to get married in Standesamt, has to have Marriage ability certificate (Ehefähigkeitszeugnis). I think, this can be obtained from Indian embassy. I still have to enquire at the embassy.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott