Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Permanent Residence/Niederlassungserlaubnis with 84K

Toggle
I have been in Germany for almost 3 years now. I checked all the old posts on the forum and it appears that the new rules entitle GCs to get the permanent residence immediately if they have earned more than 84K in the last year. I am fortunate to have earned more than this. Can anyone please advise about their practical experience on this. More precisely :

1) How much time does it take and does the Auslanderbehorde do this without any fuss.
2) Do they still test German language skills (My German is poor)
3) Do you need to have an unlimited work contract.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Permanent Residence/Niederlassungserlaubnis with 84K
Answer
1/12/05 11:42 AM as a reply to Sublime Sublime.
I fall in this category. But i have not yet decided to go for a PR. How does a PR makes a difference from GC other than staying here permanently. In my case my GC is valid for another four years and I dont think i will stay here for another four years. So I would like to know the advantages of having a PR over GC.

Regards. Asian
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/12/05 12:00 PM as a reply to Sublime Sublime.
Is it like that u earned last year more than 84K or at present also u must be earning more than 84K.Some of my known one earned more than ($K last year but this year slightly below this line.Can he aaply for PR.
I didn' get this point regarding Salary anywhere.Can u please give me link where its mentioned about salary limit.

And Asian......its for u.....U are not worried because u still have 4years here but for those whose GC is in last year its important.As far as I know IT professional are paid highest in Germany . Nobody is with intention to stay here for ever but still everyone wants to be here for atleast 40-45 of his age just to earn.And esp those Who are married want 4-5 years of Stability and I think this is the Best Way.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/12/05 1:52 PM as a reply to Sublime Sublime.
In my case, I am still earning at this level. As for your question about how PR helps, once you have PR, you are eligible to enter any Schengen country and work in Germany at any time in your life (as long as your PR remains valid. It lapses if you do not enter for more than 180 days). With the increased EU integration, at some point of time you may be able to apply for citizenship. To me it appears logical that a few years down the line, there will be rules in place leading to citizenship for PR holders. The same may not hold true for those who do not have PR. So there are distinct advantages and virtually no disdvantage. I would suggest going for it if you are eligible. Just wondering whether I should touch base with VPMK lawyers for this as the wording in the law is a bit tricky. The Auslanderbehorde advised me that there is such a clause about PR for those earning more than 84K but they have had no experience with this and are unable to commit about the timelines or the process. The whole thing is very new for them also.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/12/05 2:49 PM as a reply to Sublime Sublime.
Hi,

I didn't have more than 85K last year but I have a new job starting this year with a salary higher than 85K. I have already applied at the Auslaenderbehoerde for the Niederlassungserlaubnis few days ago. I got a very similar response, they are not sure how long the process will take, may be up to 4 weeks.

wsh
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18