Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

How to change the second name?

Toggle
How to change the second name?
Answer
9/20/05 3:40 PM
Does any of you guys what needs to be done for changing the second name?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: How to change the second name?
Answer
9/20/05 4:00 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
sure.
you take first name again
or you find third name and change it.

option is also to find somebody with similar intentions and to change your name for his.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/05 4:30 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
May be i should have made it more clear. I meant how to legally change your family name in Germany. Lets say I have name Sanjay Narayan Guptha (Don't know how I got this name :-))) and I want to change it to "Sanjay Narayan" or "Sanjay Guptha" or "Sanjy Something else". How should you do this? It's not a big problem to change it in India. But whats the effect of this here in Germany.,
Whats the offcial process behind this? Thats what I need to know :-))
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/05 5:06 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
@faisalm

http://www.berlin.de/ba-marzahn-hellersdorf/verwaltung/haushalt/d_namen.html
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/05 5:16 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
thanks man..seems to be pretty complex...and they need a very good reason for this...God knows what they expect as reasons...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/05 5:27 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
@faisalm

You might want to change your name for any number of reasons, including:

* You're getting married.

* You're getting divorced.

* Your parents named you "Eminem," and you're getting sick of the jokes.

* "Pee Wee" was cute when you were 5; now it just sounds lame.

* You want to reclaim your original family name that was shortened decades ago by those jerks at Ellis Island.

* You're interested in a career in weather forecasting, and you want that edge (e.g., Dallas Rains, Stormy Plains).

http://www.billcasselman.com/whats_in_a_canadian_name/name_joke.htm
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/05 5:30 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
@Akshay:
Funny writeup, but do you think it really helps faisal? ;-)

Has anyone changed the familyname of your Spouse? For Indians (like me) its like this I guess:

-Apply in the Indian embassy/consulate and get new Passport

-Go to ABH and get the visa transferred.

Anything else like advertising in the papers? (Its like that in India)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/05 5:33 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
actually a friend of mine has a pretty long family name and he wants to change it before he has a kid so that the kid don't have to carry this in his life :-)) is that a good reason enough? he has a family name which is long like an autobahn.. :-)
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/05 5:50 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
i think you must do it in India not in Germany. Since it is easier there, even better.

After you do it you should only copy visa in new pass and that's it. It is good to tranlsate some document from India showing that you changed name.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/05 5:52 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
@DVD

But then your old passport and the visa in it will become invalid. How will you enter Germany then?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/05 5:57 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
you can do this while you are in germany through the indian consulate. Thats not a problem. I am wondering whether it would be a problem for the german authorities.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/05 6:08 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
Hi, You can change your family name. You just need to give an advertisement in your home country in one local news paper that you are changing your surname (make sure that it should be "surname") and then present it to your Cousulate here in Germany. They will change your name with clear description on your passport page. So just get it changed everywhere like in bank/post and so on...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/05 6:23 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
are you sure this has no effect here in germany? like simply after changing this in your passport, you can go to your bank and say my name is changed? does the ausländer amt accept this?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/20/05 6:26 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
"But then your old passport and the visa in it will become invalid. How will you enter Germany then?"

Could be. Don't know. My son entered Germany with new pass without visa. We just showed visa in old pass. Maybe you can do the same.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/21/05 1:52 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
Your consulate changes your surname, meaning that the govt. has recognised your name with seal (stamp) and consular genral signature. This should be accepted everywhere, they'll mention the page number to refer in your passport for changes. There they'll clearly mention that your name has been changed to new name. So it is legally you are changing your name. You can go anywhere since your new name is written in your passport. I've bunch of examples regarding this. How someone can deny entry to any country if your name got changed from authorities? But in your new passport you'll get the new name or even you can apply for new passport right-away to get the name changed in passport on "NAME" page itself. So it is all the question of wether you want to do it or not.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/21/05 2:25 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
@instructor

Thanks a lot man. That was helpfull. I will have a talk with Ausländeramt regarding this. Just curious to know how they are gonna respond to this.

Regards
Faisal
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/21/05 4:13 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
Be patient u will know when u speak to them !!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/05 1:44 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
Hi Faisal,
Did you speak with Auslanderamt regarding your scond name cahnge....what did they tell.
This info would be helpfull for me too.

Regards
Kumaran
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/05 1:48 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
@Kumaran

No. I did'nt. It's not for me. It was a friend of mine. I will let you know as soon as he gets a response from ABH

Regards
Faisal
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/2/05 4:28 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
Hi Faisal,
Any info from ABH on name change...

Regards
Kumaran
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/2/05 7:43 PM as a reply to Faisal Muhammed.
my wife need to change her last name also ... but then how can it be done when she wants to change her name in Sozialversicherung ausweiss .
I feel the whole name change can be done in Germany rather than goin to india to do it if one wants and its possible ...

cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18