Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Help needed!

MLP or other auto versicherung

Toggle
MLP or other auto versicherung
Answer
7/3/06 3:19 PM
Hello all,

I bought a car recently, though I am appearing for GDL Practical exam this friday only. I have Indian driving license since 2000.

My car is Renault R19, 96 model, 54 kW, 73 PS, 1721 cc, 5 doors. Price is 1300 € with one year guarantee. I went through different autoversicherung company sites and found:

huk24 - 1950 €
directline - 2600 €
gerling - 1890 €
Kravag - 2300 €

All are SF0 - 230 %. Some companies like "ontos" dont want to give me insurance beacuse my license is new!

After searching some of the previous threads related to car insurance, I assume many of you have it in MLP. When I called MLP, they said that they mainly do financing and something.. My german was not good to understand them emoticon

Do they still make autoversicherung? Is it true that they make only 100% insurance for new license holders?

Thanks for all inputs.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: MLP or other auto versicherung
Answer
7/3/06 4:14 PM as a reply to LaLi LuNa.
Got the same car, but a R19 Chamade with 4 doors and they still do car insurance (well, I'm still with them).

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/06 4:23 PM as a reply to LaLi LuNa.
Thank you NoBody.

Do they have online berechnen? I can't find it. I think best is to meet them personally.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/06 4:25 PM as a reply to LaLi LuNa.
Don't think they have one, and it is better to meet them personnaly because you can get a better deal by talkint to them face to face.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/06 5:01 PM as a reply to LaLi LuNa.
dint MLP's name change to Janitos??
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/06 6:48 PM as a reply to LaLi LuNa.
I called janitos and they said that I should process through agent, like "mlp". I got an appointment tomorrow with mlp. I'll let you know the result. Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/06 7:41 PM as a reply to LaLi LuNa.
Hi all,
I have never heard of MLP before, but I will be buying a car soon. Are they cheaper than other isurances? How is the service? Would be nice to know some info regarding that.
many thanks
zash
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/3/06 7:50 PM as a reply to LaLi LuNa.
Was it just a name change from MLP to Janitos? OR MLP's Auto Insurance segment was overtaken by Janitos?

I also have MLP insurance. Yes they did at 100% for me. But my license was 3 years old when I took insurance first time. Can't say whether that made any differnce.

There was no online rechner at that time. But I called MLP's hotline agent, they asked my car details on phone and told me the final price.

But to my surprise, rather than decreasing the annual cost after 1 year(as there was no accident or claims) they increased the price from ~675 to ~780 Euros p.a. when Janitos took charge. I don't know why. I never did any damage, never claimed anything from MLP or so. Tried to contact MLP/Janitos hotline but never got any descriptive reply.

Did this happen to someone else also? OR can anybody explain the reason for this?

Soni
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/4/06 2:24 AM as a reply to LaLi LuNa.
"Did this happen to someone else also? OR can anybody explain the reason for this?"

Yes, the reason is very simple: they are bastards.

Actually, there is a little known fact, which sadly I only learned after paying many years of expensive car insurance. You can actually buy the insurance discount from someone else, ideally an old person that doesn't drive anymore, then you don't have to start at 100% or 120%.

Rgds,
-a
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/4/06 5:14 AM as a reply to LaLi LuNa.
Janitos is now in charge of "collecting" MLP's money regarding car insurance.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/4/06 1:04 PM as a reply to LaLi LuNa.
Hallo *,

I too using this Forum, did AV with Janitos(MLP).

Do they reduce the Insurance amount to be paid every year automatically, if you dont make an accident, or one need to apply for?

I wonder, if they increase Insurance amount(without accident), then people would rather drive carelessly :-)

For a starter(with an old R19), its a good option to be on the road with 100%.

Do you have a DE-Flag on your R19 today?

I assume, if DE wins today, then there are greater chances, that they would win WC(World Cup)!

A.T
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/4/06 3:01 PM as a reply to LaLi LuNa.
I also took MLP couple of months ago.. Since MLP was the only one with 100% payment for a fresher.. It seems like Janitors is the car insurance wing of MLP. The MLP agent told me at that time, if I don't make any claims for 3 years, the insurance will come down to 75%.

B.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/06 2:42 PM as a reply to LaLi LuNa.
All right!

I got the autoversicherung from janitos through MLP. I just wanted to be a "member" of MLP by getting any of their products. I made "Privathaftversicherung" which costs 55€ p.a. The autoversicherung costs 720€ p.a. !!

I thank all trust7 moderators and members, without whom I would have never known about MLP or janitos.

Oh btw, I also found an interesting site http://www.einsurance.de/ which accepts Indian driving license issue date as "Datum des Führerscheinerwerbs" !! Though it listed the insurance companies which costs minimum 300 bugs more than MLP-Janitos.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/4/06 1:16 PM as a reply to LaLi LuNa.
When JANITOS took over, they raised the Yearly Premium. This was for "everyone" and doesnt have to do with the fact that you didnt have any accident claims. Your % will sink to 75% (I guess) when you have 3 consecutive claim-free years.

Whenever they raise the Premium, you are allowed to cancel your contract and move to some other insurance co., if you happen to find one. Am with MLP since Aug 2005

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18