Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Urgent: German citizenship

Toggle
Urgent: German citizenship
Answer
2/19/07 9:58 PM
Hi From,

Here it is my case:
- I am holding Indian passport and living in Germany almost nine years.
- Last year I applied for German citizenship and completed interview and other formalities.
- Last month I got a letter from authorities confirming my Germany citizenship and asked me to come and collect the einbuguringurkunde.

Currently I am in Canada and working in a long term project. My Canada visa stamped on my Indian passport.

I heard that my Indian passport will be automatically invalid if I take my Einbugeringurkunde from authorities.

They gave me two dates that for collecting my einbuguringurkunde but if I collect my einbuguringurkunde I may not able to fly back to Canada until I get my new Germany passport and new Canada visa on my new passport. I think this process will take more than 6 weeks. This means also that I should leave this project permnently.

It would be more appreciated if you can answer my following questions.

1. When will my Indian passport will be invalid? Is ast after taking my einbuguringurkunde or only after when I recive my germany passport ?
2. If I take my einbugurungurkunde from authorities, does it mean that I am already German and I will loose my Indian passport?
3. I am planning to take my einbuguringurkunde next week and flay back to Canada after that. I will apply Germany passport this year in December. Is it possible?
4) will my visa on Indian passport still valid after I get my new Germany passport?

Thanks for your responses.

Sorry i posted this message twice in this form accidentally.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Urgent: German citizenship
Answer
2/20/07 12:22 PM as a reply to sujatha G.
@Sujatha

I know one Sujatha in Köln, hope its not you :-)

1. When will my Indian passport will be invalid? Is ast after taking my einbuguringurkunde or only after when I recive my germany passport ?

Einbürgerungsurkunde = Ausweis über die Rechtsstellung als Deutscher

Your Einbürgerungsurkunde is ready and waiting for you, all you need is to get your indian passport cancelled so that they can hand over your Einbürgerungsurkunde. Your German passport is nothing more then a travel document.

2. If I take my einbugurungurkunde from authorities, does it mean that I am already German and I will loose my Indian passport?

Of course NOT, once you loose your indian passport and receive Einbürgerungsurkunde then you would become a French.

Just kidding :-) ...die Einbürgerung wird immer erst mit der Aushändigung der Einbürgerungsurkunde wirksam.

3. I am planning to take my einbuguringurkunde next week and flay back to Canada after that. I will apply Germany passport this year in December. Is it possible?

NO, Einbürgerungsurkunde is not a travel document, but in Europe you can travel with that, only in Europe.

4) will my visa on Indian passport still valid after I get my new Germany passport?

NO, because your indian passport is not valid anymore and furthermore you are not an indian anymore.

German passport holders don't need a visa to enter Canada, but in your case it is a work-permit based visa which was given to you as an indian. As a german you have to apply again for a work-permit as you come under the different category of labourers.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/22/07 3:01 AM as a reply to sujatha G.
Just for your information

If you are an Indian, then
The day you get your "Einbürgerungsurkunde" your current passport will be taken by German Authorities and they will send it to Indian Authorities to cancel. So once you go there to collect Einbürgerungsurkunde, be sure that you'll come back without passport home! But you'll get a letter saying that they have taken it for cancellation.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/20/08 1:06 PM as a reply to sujatha G.
Hi Sujatha,

How did it go finally.

Could you please pass on your contact details.

I am in a similar situation.

my email id is ghmc@sify.com

thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/20/08 6:59 PM as a reply to sujatha G.
Hi Akshay,

I would like to one thing about German passport.

As far as I understand, I will not get German passport untill and unless my original passport is cancelled. Am I right ?

If I am right and if they take my passport then how would I visit my country in South East Asia ?

Please shed some light on this issue. Because it is also a long process to cancel passport/citizenship in my country ( may be more than 1 year )
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/20/08 7:54 PM as a reply to sujatha G.
@hellonews

if you want to visit your country after you get the citizenship, it's clear that you need to get a visa.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
8/20/08 10:11 PM as a reply to sujatha G.
Yes, you are right that I need visa.If german does not give me passport at the begining and they take away my original passport then where and how should I take visa ?
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Re: Urgent: German citizenship
Answer
7/23/18 1:44 PM as a reply to tim tim.
tim tim:
Just for your information

If you are an Indian, then
The day you get your "Einbürgerungsurkunde" your current passport will be taken by German Authorities and they will send it to Indian Authorities to cancel. So once you go there to collect Einbürgerungsurkunde, be sure that you'll come back without passport home! But you'll get a letter saying that they have taken it for cancellation.
I have received the mail that my  Einbürgerungsurkunde is ready and can collect it from the Bürgeramt. But during the allocated date, I am planning to be in India.
The content of Einbürgerungsurkunde says: 
"hat mit dem Zeitpunkt der Aushändigung dieser Urkunde die deutsche Staatsangehörigkeit durch Einbürgerung erworben"

This means the Einbürgerungsurkunde is valid from the day I collect it from Bürgeramt. i.e. from Zeitpunkt der Aushändigung; right?
Thus, I can ask to move the appointment for the collection to a later day and travel to and come back from India with my Indian passport and current German residence permit. 

Thanks in advance,
Cherian
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/23/18 1:48 PM as a reply to cherian.
Hallo,

Pl. make an appointment with einbürgerungsbüro and tell them that you are planning to visit india and is it possible that you can collect einbürgerungsürkunde once you return from India. That is straightforward. 

In general what happens when you receive confirmation that you can come and collect einbürgerungsurkunde:

1. Your application is successful and you are eligible for german citizenship and you can apply for german passport.
2. The officer will take your indian passport and issue the original einbürgerungsurkunde.
3.He will send your indian passport to nearest indian embassy for cancellation.
4. you will make an appointment with burgerbüro and apply german passport and german id, if your name is ok on your einbürgerungsurkunde.
5. Once you receive your german passport, you should apply from your side to indian embassy that you want to cancel your indian passport (check indian embassy website). because it is necessary for you to obtain OCI card. actually it is a step to apply oci card.
6. Once you get OCI card, you can plan india visit.

I hope this feedback helps to the ones who are in search of some answers.
Thank you
Good luck
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/23/18 8:20 PM as a reply to Bas Brem.
Thank you. I am pretty sure this answer will be appreciated by many who goes through the naturalization process. 
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Urgent: German citizenship
Answer
7/14/22 8:31 PM as a reply to sujatha G.
Interesting site i love it keep posting more   kitchen remodeling santa barbara
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18