Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Extension of Tourist Visa

Toggle
Extension of Tourist Visa
Answer
8/5/08 2:34 PM
Dear All,

My parents are in Hamburg on Tourist visa, which expires on 25th Aug and I want to get it extended atleast for 1-2 months (more will be better). I heard from some friends that it is possible to get the extn based on following grounds:
1) Medical reasons for visitor
2) If the resident (invitee) has a baby, then perhaps the visitor to support the baby, etc.

For me both grounds are applicable, but I'm not sure of the exact process and documents needed for this extension.

It will be great, if you can share your experience in above matter.

Thanks in advance for your quick answer, as I don't have much time left for getting this extension done (if it is possible!).

Cheers,
Chirag.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Extension of Tourist Visa
Answer
9/6/08 3:20 PM as a reply to Chiru Jain.
Hello Chirag,

I am interested to know more about your case for your parents visa extension.

Could you please post a reply or mail to hereshaik@googlemail.com

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/08 2:42 PM as a reply to Chiru Jain.
Hi..

I had a similar experience with my mother-in-law who came to germany and got extended the visa for one more month. The valid reason that we were telling was that we had a baby and supporting the baby.

My remembrance has the following things required.

1. You need to have the Travel Insurance extended for the duration of the period extending. But be noted the travel insurance premium gets raised with the following months of more stay.

2. Its advisable that you also get a doctors certificate that your family needs a support of the concerning person for various reasons .....

3. You need the passport ..

Thats all !

Good luck...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/8/08 7:44 PM as a reply to Chiru Jain.
@Sarwam

A. Could you please let me know wherefrom did you acquire the doctor's certificate? I mean, if the visitor is already here in Germany on a 90-days visa, do I need to have this certificate issued by the Kinderarzt of my child? On what grounds would the doctor do this?

B. Is there any age-limit of your child for this case? For me, my child is now 1 yr old and I would like to extend the visa of my mother.

C. Finally, how long does this entire process take?

Sorry for bothering you with so many queries, but in you, we have a real success story :-)

Cheers.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/10/08 12:13 PM as a reply to Chiru Jain.
Our case was, my wife was not in a condition to take care of the household together with child after delivery. So it was given by our gynacologist. Which means, you know now, it depends. But what the ausländeramt expects is that your family needs a third party support other than you as you will be going to the company.

I do not think that the age of the baby matters here for the extension.

regards,
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/10/08 12:15 PM as a reply to Chiru Jain.
Forgot to answer Esskay's third question.

Its a very quick done process. You visit the ausländeramt, you dont need any appointment, and show all the required docs and if he/she does not expect any more docs from you then the moment they stamp it on the passport for the extended period.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/11/08 1:48 AM as a reply to Chiru Jain.
Dear @sarwam,

Thanks for your nice information......

I have few more questions

1. if mother gets visa for 3 months . Later on can we extend her visa for another 3 months (instead of a month) based on medical reasons of my wife and baby.

2. In case, visa get extended here in Germany, then I believe getting next time visa from India would be difficult. Do you have any comments on this.

3. If my mother has an health insurance for first three months taken from India, then can we take next health insurance from Germany for further period of extension of visa in Germany.

Your answers are helpful for us and also for this forum members.

Thanks in advance.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/11/08 7:35 PM as a reply to Chiru Jain.
@hereshaik,

1. You have the possibility of max 3 more months for the extension. Which means, if you can show a valid reason then there wouldnt be any problems in extensions.

2. i have no comments on it.

3. You can easily inquire by calling up the one of the insurance agencies here in germany(In my case i opted from the ADAC ) and you explain the situation and then you can decide.

Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18