Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

arbeitserlaubnis renewal

Toggle
arbeitserlaubnis renewal
Answer
5/13/05 2:01 PM
hi forum,

a small problem..hope someone has ideas on how this can be resolved:

an algerian colleague of mine got a work permit in stuttgart last year but within 3 weeks of starting work he found out that he'd have to work onsite with a client in munich, that's where he's been since one year.

now when he wants to renew his permit, it turns out that his work permit was with company x in stuttgart..but he works in munich!..

1.is his work permit illegal since he was supposed to work in stuttgart and not munich?..the arbeitsamt stuttgart says so on being queried!..

2.how can he proceed with his a.e renewal..will it be according to the new laws (i.e goto local ABH and they connect to arbeitsagentur)?

3.on renewal of a.e should one go thru the arbeitsmarktprüfung again?..and is this process only for the region of work or the whole of germany? (i guess this could be a common question, in that case, pls giv me a link to the thread)

thanks a lot ahead,
cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Re: arbeitserlaubnis renewal
Answer
5/13/05 2:09 PM as a reply to Rakesh Kay.
if he has GC then his Visa should not be binded to Firma in the first place.

However I think that can only be company's mistake, not his own. So ABH should not be hard to him.

But if they want they could even send him home.
maybe it is good for company to get lawyer immidiatelly.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/13/05 2:42 PM as a reply to Rakesh Kay.
no, hes not a GC..around the time he got his work permit, there were no more GC's being issued
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/14/05 2:11 AM as a reply to Rakesh Kay.
Hallo,

Tell your employer to get a "Antrag auf Arbeitsnehmigung", From Stuggart , that you can officially work in Munich.

Under this section "arbeitsgenehmigung wird beantragt" , they will write head office address of the company.

I am doing the same , my company head office is in Munich , but i work in Berlin.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Atul
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/16/05 7:29 PM as a reply to Rakesh Kay.
thanks for ur reply atul..il try it out

but i guess in ur case, u work for the same company (with HQ Munich) in berlin..

what if he companies are different?..i.e if an employee from company x works in company y (vorort)
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott