Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Regarding BE(visa questions)

Toggle
Regarding BE(visa questions)
Answer
4/20/09 8:17 PM
Dear all
I want to get some opinions about our present situation.
We are indians .We came here in july 2007.My husband got job in semiconductor company.In july 2008 I also got job as trainee but in oct 2008,my husband was made redundant as it was US based company

We had talked with auslanderbehörde and they allowed us to live in germany till june 2009(expiry date of our visa) to find a job though his visa was also linked with company.Right now he has mini job contract with his present company and getting ALG.

I am also working till date as trainee.My husband is searching job from last 6 months but nothing is clicking.

I wish to know that if we somehow wemanage to stay after july 2009, can my husband get BE as he has mini job contract with the present employer.and his present job will be 1 month short of 2 years though not fulltime

Replies will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Regarding BE(visa questions)
Answer
4/20/09 8:23 PM as a reply to garima sharma.
Did u mean mini job contract is "kurzarbeit"?
If so, he may get BE
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/20/09 8:47 PM as a reply to garima sharma.
i am not sure your husband can get BE because of the following points

1. He is one month less than the required 2 years

2. He is getting ALG and ABH has give permission already from Oct 2008 until June 2009, so they may not extend the visa as well as the ALG.

Very unfortunate, but its the fact. All depends on the ABH.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/20/09 8:56 PM as a reply to garima sharma.
Thanks for the instant replies......
minijob is like 400 euros.

Ya I know it is very unfortunate situation,since oct2008 we are in this trauma but i am trying to convince my employer to give me new contract.Need your wishes to acheive that.

My husband will get ALG till july2009.

Do u think that then there is possibility of BE as this can allow him to work with company like brunnel or zeitarbeit

Thanks in advance for ur replies in this crisis situation
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/20/09 9:10 PM as a reply to garima sharma.
>>Do u think that then there is possibility of BE as this can allow him to work with company like brunnel or zeitarbeit

In the present economic situation i dont see the possibility of ABH giving BE with your husband already getting ALG for the past 5 months. But you can try as you dont have anything more to loose. I think your husband would be eligible for ALG for around 6-7 months which will get over by June and i dont think he will be eligible anymore.

You could have asked your company for a permanent position long before. Now if they give you a permanent position then getting workpermit for you will be a problem as you may have to go through the Arbeitsmarkt check which maytake longer than your visa validity. All you have hope now is for the ABH to extend your visa. Good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/20/09 9:21 PM as a reply to garima sharma.
Raj
In your opinion BE will not allow my husband to do work with companies like brunnel?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/20/09 9:56 PM as a reply to garima sharma.
BE will help in getting job with Brunel or any company, but the problem is will your husband get a BE or visa extension in the first place. Give me some information.
From when is your husband without work and since when is he getting ALG?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/20/09 10:02 PM as a reply to garima sharma.
Raj
thanks for instant reply..
my husband is without full time job since dec2008 and getting ALG since dec2008, eligible to get till july 2009 as we got letter from arbeitsamt...
Since then he is having minijob with present company to fulfill his visa statement of job linking wid present company
i am hoping somthing may click from myside

thanks in advance for the reply.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/20/09 10:08 PM as a reply to garima sharma.
As i said, it is upto ABH to either extend the visa or not for your husband. Dont like to sound demotivating, but sometimes ABH does not care if some one is eligible for ALG or not, and rarely do they give extension after 6 months for foreigners on ALG. So you better hurry up from your side, as time is critical. good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/21/09 12:00 AM as a reply to garima sharma.
What your husband still can do is apply for Beruflicher Weiterbildung if there's anything offered in his area by Arbeitsamt. Then he gets his ALG I extended for the duration of classes. The problem is, in order to get complete financing you have to persuade two clerks in Arbeitsamt (your Berater and his boss) that this will improve your chances getting a job significantly and that you will and can stay in Germany afterwards since it makes no sence to teach people for free who will later leave the country. I would say your chances in this case are slim since you have to be pretty close to fulfilling NE requirements to have a good chance to be approved but it's still an option you can try.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/21/09 12:08 PM as a reply to garima sharma.
Thanks mbeolink1 for ur reply.
we can ask that type of course.salary wise he was preety close to NE due to which we got permission to stay here besides his job loss.
Lets see what time has restored for us....
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott