Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

trust7 members in your neighborhood

Kindergeld nach dem Einkommensteuergesetz (EStG)

Toggle
Hello All,
need your help. I got letter from kindergeld office rejecting my kindergeld on the basis of my visa is not eligible.I am from india and working here since april on contract I am having employment agreement and Blue Card. my son is born here. Please help. I am attaching the letter.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Kindergeld nach dem Einkommensteuergesetz (EStG)
Answer
7/7/13 3:27 PM as a reply to surjeet singh.
could you elaborate the reasons given for the rejection. is it because you are working on BlueCard or working on contract? anybody in Trust7 recieving "Kindergeld" with a BlueCard visa.

In the draft law of "BlueCard" the holders of the bluecard are not eligible for "Sozialleistungen". Don't know whether this has been amended in the final law.

Experts in this forum  - Any suggestions regarding the "Sozialleistungen" for Bluecard holders ?????

-coolguy
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/8/13 4:24 PM as a reply to coolguy munich.
I am attaching letter which got. I went there I tried to talk to them but not able to understand anything as he is not talking in English and not ready to understand anything. Where as My all indian colleague are getting Kindergeld even some have bluecard and other have normal residence work permit. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/8/13 2:57 PM as a reply to surjeet singh.
Hi Surjeet!

in the letter they mentioned that to be able to qualify for "Kindergeld" you should be working for atleast 3 years in Germany.

But they also mentioned that you have the right for "Kinderfrei Beitrag" i.e. when next year you will file your incometax returns "Einkommensteuererklärung 2013" you can ask for e.g. 184 € x number of months you worked in year 2013. Lets say if you are working since April 2013, than 184 € x 9 = 1,656. euros you will get from your "Finanzamt". Its the same like Kindergeld, so just chill and concentrate on your job, you will get the money in one go next year.

regards,
Raj++

P.S: This is not a legal advice!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/8/13 3:27 PM as a reply to R V.
Thanks Raj,
If this is the case than I am really happy. But I could not understand why in germany rules are varies from case to case. One of my Colleague is getting Kindergeld other one is denied that he is not eligible beacause he has work permit after five months he got Blue card then he is getting KG. Why so  much confusion in German Govt. office
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/8/13 3:30 PM as a reply to R V.
@surjeet

before posting the letter in open forum you can  remove you personal detials like the address.

@raj2009
OP will not be getting 184 € x number of months from the Finanazamt.

He can avail 7008€ as tax free allowance "Kinderfreibetrag" for the year 2013 which could be less or more than the 184€ pm based on his salary and the tax class.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/8/13 3:49 PM as a reply to coolguy munich.
@cool guywuppertal

spot on! thanks for correction.

@Surjit
pls immediately remove your scanned letter, it might get into wrong hands! and for the rest "Welcome to Germany!"
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/8/13 4:26 PM as a reply to R V.
Thanks to Both of you but still i am not getting solution. Will i go to Lawer and ask or I will consider it in TAX Return.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/9/13 12:07 AM as a reply to surjeet singh.
Hello Surjeet,

Kindergeld is for ther child and not for you. So it should not depend on your residence status. If your child is a German national, he has the right to get kindergeld. There must be a way. I suggest you to speak to lawyer about it if it's not too expensive. Best of luck and do keep us updated.

Regards,

Abhishek
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/9/13 4:53 AM as a reply to Abhishek.
hello Abhishek,
I understand KG for child but this wuppertal KG office ppl are not understand my colleague all same condition is getting KG and I am not. Please suggest Lawer can give any solution. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/31/13 9:07 AM as a reply to surjeet singh.
Hello All, 
I went to KG office in wuppertal but the person to whom i talked he is not speaking English and i don't understand German. After 20 days no responce come. Please help me to get my KG. 
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/31/13 10:18 AM as a reply to surjeet singh.
surjeet:
Hello All, 
I went to KG office in wuppertal but the person to whom i talked he is not speaking English and i don't understand German. After 20 days no responce come. Please help me to get my KG. 

I thought your query was already answered?
Please be patient, you will get this money for Child Welfare, next year when you will file your income tax returns.
+1 (1 Vote)

Answer
7/31/13 6:37 PM as a reply to Abhishek.
hangla:
Kindergeld is for ther child and not for you. So it should not depend on your residence status. If your child is a German national, he has the right to get kindergeld.
First, why are you assuming that the child is German? Second, not all German children are entitled to Kindergeld; at least one parent needs to be liable for taxes in Germany.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/31/13 7:27 PM as a reply to surjeet singh.
surjeet:
I went to KG office in wuppertal but the person to whom i talked he is not speaking English and i don't understand German.
As the previous poster already noted, you can claim a tax deduction instead of applying for the benefit next year when you file your taxes.

I would strongly recommend that until you learn German you take an interpreter with you when you need to go to a government office. You can expect government officials to speak to you in English.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott