Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Immigration to canada VS Einbürgerung

Toggle
Immigration to canada VS Einbürgerung
Answer
10/27/08 11:44 AM
Dear Trust7 member,

I am on the way to get German citizenship. In the mean time, I received a letter from Canadian immigration to submit my papers. Now I have couple of questions ?

1. Can I keep German citizenship as well as Canadian immigration ? I now Germany does not support dual passport or dual immigration. In the same token, I know, many germans keep dual nationalities. Can I keep canadian citizenship if I get it after German immigration ?

2. Does anybody here from Canada or can someone explain job situation in canada ?

Tx in advance for your answer.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Immigration to canada VS Einbürgerung
Answer
10/29/08 9:51 PM as a reply to Mamun Kabir.
1. Germany does not allow dual citizenship. As soon as you acquire Canadian passport, your German one is gone. You can be however, Canadian permanent resident and have German passport.

2. We moved recently to Canada from Germany. Job situation seems to be worse than in Europe. Of course, you need time and patience. And money.

Everyday things like food cost much more than in Germany. Fuel is cheap, but only when related to current exchange rate, and you have to drive maybe twice more. But if you don't have a job, you can survive on public transport, which is not as good as in Germany but nevertheless usable.

I cannot give any general advice because it's very individual. My plan is that if I don't find a job in five months, we go back (you can keep your Niederlassungserlaubnis for six months). It's an expensive adventure, but I wanted to clarify everything myself.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/31/08 1:51 AM as a reply to Mamun Kabir.
I appreciate your answer. Would you mind to drop me an email to jibon0007@yahoo.com ? I can ask some more questions later on to you. I think, you would be a good contact as you lived in Germany and now in Canada.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
11/3/08 10:19 PM as a reply to Mamun Kabir.
Hi again,

while I don't mind discussing matters on e-mail, I think that if you put your questions here in the forum, it can be useful for others. This is important. You/we are not alone in having difficulties to decide, though most of GC holders already have German permanent residency and the problem of uncertainty is gone. So, please ask whatever you want here, I will try to have a look in the following days and tell you what I think.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott