Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Should I go for Work permiit or should I wait for Blue Card

Toggle
Hi All,

This is Gopi, I hold an offer of employment with Germany Company and need to join with them on 1st October, so I thought of applying for Germany work permit.
But I hear that we can apply for the Blue card starting from 1st of August 2012, could you kindly let me know the processing time for the blue card.

Based on this I can decide should I go for Blue card  or the work permit.

Note, I am an Indian working in Poland with Poland work permit valid till 30th September 2012.

Thanks
Gopi
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Should I go for Work permiit or should I wait for Blue Card
Answer
6/28/12 11:08 AM as a reply to Gopinathan kuppuswamy.
Hi Gopi,

of course there are no experiences about the processing time for the Blue Card so far, but it should take less time than now. Even under the actual (old) system 2 month are enough time, so I would wait until the 1st of August with the application. There are many advantages coming with the Blue Card and nobody knows for sure if some one who apllied before the 1st of August will get the same.

Good luck

Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Information received from the Foreign office on Blue Card
Answer
7/8/12 11:57 AM as a reply to Gopinathan kuppuswamy.
Hi All,

I have pasted the response what i had received from the foreign office, according to that it looks like we can apply only for a normal work permit and after entirying germany we can apply for Blue card, Correct my understanding

Response from the foreign office

Dear Sir,

thank you very much for your request regarding the possibilities of issueing a Blue Card.

The new regulations will enter into force on August 1st, 2012.

In case you may need a visa to enter Germany for reasons of labour please check with the competent German Embassy or Consulate in Poland how to proceed with the  visa application ( http://www.warschau.diplo.de ).

Please note that the German missions abroad will continue with issueiung visas for entry for labour reasons. In case you comply with the conditions for issueing a Blue Card EU you will be granted a visa and the Blue Card will be issued after arrival by the local Foreigners Authority at the place of your intended resicende.

For more information please check our website. The site will be updated shortly for more information regarding the Blue Card EU regulations.

http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/EN/EinreiseUndAufenthalt/LernenUndArbeiten/ArbeiteninD_node.html

FAQ   http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/EN/Infoservice/FAQ/ArbeitenLebenDeutschland/Uebersicht.html?nn=479790

0 (0 Votes)

RE: Information received from the Foreign office on Blue Card
Answer
7/21/12 8:32 PM as a reply to Gopinathan kuppuswamy.
Hi,
I have few more questions...

- For Blue card, is there any timeline from application to stamp on passport how much time it takes?
- If somebody is in Germany on business visa, can he apply Blue card in Germany? If yes, can he stay longer then the business visa validity in Germany
till Blue card arrives?
- I read somewhere that one can get 6 month visa for finding job in Germany. What is the process to get that visa? Is it part of Blue card application?
- What is the fees for applying blue card?

Regards,
Vivek
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3