Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Bringing cash into German bank

Toggle
Bringing cash into German bank
Answer
3/3/04 1:04 PM
Hello,

This is a question which I have been wondering the answer of for a while.

Lets say I would like to bring in cash to Germany for my startup ( e.g. ~25k Euro ).

As far as I know, this can be quite costly if a bank transfer is made. On the other hand bringing cash manually ( e.g. in a wallet ) is only possible under a certain amount ( I am not sure about this condition. ) .

Does anybody have any information on this subject ? E.g. :
- Who I can consult on this subject ?
- Under which German or international law such a transfer is regulated ?

Thanks in advance,
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Bringing cash into German bank
Answer
3/3/04 1:22 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
Hello,

I Would suggest you to go for a viable payment transfer than carrying the cash personally as it's safer & protect you from any legal hassle in Germany.

There are many cheaper and viable solutions (Wire transfer, Cheque Transfer etc) for transferring your money from abroad, Moreover it may not cost you much. A normal wire transfer would cost less than 100 EUR (For ~25K, Pricing based on bands) in your case.

Maximum amount which you could transfer depends on Federal regulations of the country where you hold the Bank account. If there isn't any limit, You could transfer as much as you can.

You could also consult your nearest Branch for more info on this.

regards
Girish
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/11/04 6:16 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
"As far as I know, this can be quite costly if a bank transfer is made. On the other hand bringing cash manually ( e.g. in a wallet ) is only possible under a certain amount ( I am not sure about this condition. ) ."

for german bank it does not matter, it will put on your account any amount of money you bring in, just if you bring too much (above a certain limit - am not sure what it is currently), your bank have to submit an information about a transaction to a central bank, which may get interested in such a transaction.

as for crossing the border (German border, i mean, the rules vary between the countries) you can have till 30k EUR in cash, if i remember this number correctly.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/11/04 6:54 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
Yes.

I talked to my bank "sprachpartner" and there doesn't seem to be a problem about bringing in cash.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/12/04 8:37 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
Hi,

I wanted to make a transfert of 50K in last December and I went to my bank (DB24) to ask how it could be done, they told me that I could make a money transfer from an account to another WITHOUT ANY FEE if I was doing the transfert with the IBAN (International Bank Account Number) of the "target" account, which I did and it worked out quite well. Since then, I've ceased to sent money with other thing than the IBAN.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/13/04 12:34 AM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
the easiest and safest way is to ask for a bank draft, u can carry it anywhere. since your name is stamped on the draft so that no one can claim it except yourself. i did so when i moved to germany from Singapore, it's abt 12500 EURO in total, cost me abt 25 EURO for commission in Singapore DBS bank.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/14/04 9:00 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
How is "bank draft" called in German ? That would help when talking to a bank clerk.

Thanks.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/04 3:04 PM as a reply to Devrim Erdem.
probably called Bankscheck, i m not very sure abt it. u can call it in english, believe bank clerk should understand it.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott