Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Notice period - Kündigungsfrist

Toggle
Notice period - Kündigungsfrist
Answer
3/19/04 2:03 PM
Hello everybody,

I am new on this site though I've been living in Germany since 2,5 years ago. I guess this was already discussed many times, but i would appreciate if you could advise me on this metter.

Some weeks ago I asked to leave the company, I had great opportunity for another job, but they didn't let me go because "I was too important".
Now they changed their minds and want to fire me, because I am "not motivated and am a cost for the company and add no value".
I didn't get this in written yet.

In my contract says notice period is "6 wochen zum quartal ende".
What does it mean? When can they get rid off me according to contract?

Thanks for your help

Regards
Dejan
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Notice period - Kündigungsfrist
Answer
3/19/04 2:37 PM as a reply to Dejan Cvetkovic.
"6 wochen zum quartal ende" means they cannot fire you now. They had to give you the notice before the middle of February (6 weeks before the end of March - the first quartal). Now they could fire you at the end of June (the second quartal), if they give you notice before the middle of May. This should be, if the follow the rules...
0 (0 Votes)

cricket :india /pak
Answer
3/19/04 3:00 PM as a reply to Dejan Cvetkovic.
hi friends
askin a different question.Do the GCs in Hamburg know, where can i get to see the currently undergoing cricket series between India and Pakistan?
Thanks in advance
GnR
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Notice period - Kündigungsfrist
Answer
3/20/04 6:56 AM as a reply to Dejan Cvetkovic.
"They had to give you the notice before the middle of February (6 weeks before the end of March - the first quartal). Now they could fire you at the end of June (the second quartal), if they give you notice before the middle of May."

It is so if he is not on probation period.

"This should be, if the follow the rules..."

If they do not, he should submit a claim by a competent local labour court - it is a local labour court for an address where his company (or subsidiary of a company) is registered. A claim in such a case can be submitted even when his company has less than 5 employees, because he challenges not a dismissal itself but a term of notification *lol*
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott