Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Start Up

Family reunion visa

Toggle
Family reunion visa
Answer
1/19/04 7:24 PM
Hello all
I am new into this forum, I am from india and now working in köln. I have some doubts about my wife visa from india. (Chennai)

1.She was told by the german authorities that it will take 10 weeks to get the family reunion visa. Is it normal and true ??

2.If that is the case, can a person get a tourist visa for 90 days and process the family reunion visa at the same time?

3.My lohnsteuerklasse is now 1 and if my wife comes here, i can change it to 3. Is it possible that if she comes here on a tourist visit and i register our apartment in the ANMELDUNG and with that, i can change the lohnsteuerklasse? (I mean without having her residence permit done..just with the anmeldung, can i claim that she is staying with me)

I would like have the fellow GCs experience in this..

thanks and viel spaß
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Family reunion visa
Answer
1/20/04 4:01 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Hi Bro,
I would like to answer some of your questions. First one is . Yes it does take atleast 2 to 3 months to process the whole family visa. First the papers will be submitted in the Embassy in your city and then they will be sent to Germany in your local "Auslanderamt" for further verfication. The Auslanderamt will send you a paper in a month or 6 weeks after you applied in India and ask you to prove the following:
1. Place of residence (if its big enough)
2. How much you earn?
3. How long your visa is?

All of this info you will submit back to the auslanderamt. After this it will take 3 days for the papers to be sent back to India after a thorough verification in Koeln (for whatever reasons mine were sent to koeln).

Answer to your second question? I have no idea if she can get a visit visa during that time. But she would have to go back to India for the original Family visa and they will call her for that visa as soon it is processed.

Answer to your 3rd question is "NO" because as you most probably know that your "Anmeldung" is done only after you have a permanent visa (Long term) for Germany. So she would have to get a visa first and then she would be registered with the Rathaus.

Hope all of this helps..

Wajeeh aka Amorpheous
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/20/04 4:24 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Dear wajeehuddin

Thanks very much for your reply.

Regarding the anmeldung, it can be done with a tourist visa, the residence permit is not required. I could do my anmeldung (registering yourself and your flat) without having my aufenthalttitel (residence permit). So my question is, anmeldung is enough for changing the lohnsteuerklasse or residence permit is required.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/27/09 5:30 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Hi
I am also new to this forum. I am working as a PhD student at University of Oldenburg. My wife want to apply for family reunion visa. For that purpose, I need to find an appartment.

My question is, How much minimum space is considered as sufficient.

Regards
Asad Gul
Oldenburg
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/27/09 5:55 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
@Asad Gul

Welcome to this forum. Please notes that there is a search button, use that search option. Most of questions are already answered.

Now come to your question:

According to German Gesetz, it requires atleast 12 Sq.m. of space per person. It means for 2 persons it must be atleast 24 sq.m. of apartment space. There is no restriction of number of rooms. But you must have your own bathroom in your apartment.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
1/27/09 5:57 PM as a reply to Sriraman Venkataramani.
Hi ,

Well 45,00m2 basically is required. Single room apartment should be OK !!!

Regards.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Re: Family reunion visa
Answer
4/26/17 10:21 AM as a reply to Wajeehuddin Samdani.
Wajeehuddin Samdani:
Hi Bro,
I would like to answer some of your questions. First one is . Yes it does take atleast 2 to 3 months to process the whole family visa. First the papers will be submitted in the Embassy in your city and then they will be sent to Germany in your local "Auslanderamt" for further verfication. The Auslanderamt will send you a paper in a month or 6 weeks after you applied in India and ask you to prove the following:
1. Place of residence (if its big enough)
2. How much you earn?
3. How long your visa is?

All of this info you will submit back to the auslanderamt. After this it will take 3 days for the papers to be sent back to India after a thorough verification in Koeln (for whatever reasons mine were sent to koeln).

Answer to your second question? I have no idea if she can get a visit visa during that time. But she would have to go back to India for the original Family visa and they will call her for that visa as soon it is processed.

Answer to your 3rd question is "NO" because as you most probably know that your "Anmeldung" is done only after you have a permanent visa (Long term) for Germany. So she would have to get a visa first and then she would be registered with the Rathaus.

Hope all of this helps..

Wajeeh aka Amorpheous
Hi Wajeeh,
In the case of family reunion visa. The Ausländeramt here informed me that they have given their opinion and have forwarded it to german consulate karachi. They said it is first sent to koeln and from there it is forwarded to consulate. Its been 7 working days excluding the easter holidays and the consulate have yet not recieved the opinion from ABH.

Have you heard any other case like this except yours?

My wife has mentioned the travel date to be in september 2017 which has still 4 months time.
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott