Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Press

Holland welcomes you!

Toggle
Holland welcomes you!
Answer
10/4/04 1:15 PM
The government of Netherlands has currently implemented a new law that is designed to attract higher educated expats or “knowledge migrants” to the country to stimulate its “knowledge economy”.

The full article is here:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/872268.cms
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Holland welcomes you!
Answer
10/4/04 2:17 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
Look like some GC thing, they give 5 years too :-) Should the people switch over there? Will start to look like some kinda yo-yo thing, after the Netherlands, it will be France and after them, Belgium and Germany again, and then Switzerland, and then Italy, and then Spain, and then Germany again... before you finish them all you're already dead walking.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/4/04 2:28 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
"In related news, the Dutch Economic Affairs Minister has stated that in future, he wants to introduce a "green card" programme in the Netherlands, similar to the one Germany has, to make it even easier for skilled migrants to come to the Netherlands to work.

The Minister said that the main advantage of the green card system would be to increase competition in the domestic labour market. Unlike other EU countries such as the UK, Ireland and Sweden, the Netherlands has not opened up its labour market to nationals from the new EU member states. Under current policy, employers first need to prove that no other Dutch workers can be found for the job offered. Exceptions have applied on a three-month provisional basis from 1 August in sectors with proven work shortages."

Definitely a GC.

I'Ve just called and spoken with a friend of mine who is there, he told me it should be voted around the 15th of this month, and the job market is quite good, so if someone is interested...

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/4/04 4:35 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
Hi
I dont like to mention this but after the end of greencard regulation
(which makes the access of foreign newcomers difficult to the German IT Job Market.. )
German IT-job market may get a bit better as we(who are already in the country) dont have to compete with the whole world for a job which falls in the payment range of 40K-80K.. I know this is not fair but this will be the case after 1.1.2005

Regards

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/4/04 4:37 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
sorry,
I forgot to mention the whole purpose of the post.. :-) then (after 1.1.2005) German IT job market should be as good as the Dutch one.. :-)

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/4/04 5:06 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
Maybe better, but at what price? And the most important is not always what you can do for those who are to come, but for those who are already in.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/5/04 3:27 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
I shall not consider HOLLAND as a new destination coz first its not as big as German market and second finding a second job cud be even worse than here due to limited companies and limitations and dutch wud add more problems to it.

AR
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/5/04 3:52 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
TO zong8,

It does not matter about how big the German market is, since the unemployment rate is still high and has been for many many years very high. The unemployment rate in Holland has been very low for many years and even now it is considered high and still half of what the rate is in Gemany. So, that is more important than the companies. But Holland has many of the companies that exist in the World and the location of Holland is important due to the ports. Even in the boom times of the 90's Germany had 9% unemployment while Holland had under 3%, so that is also important. Also, the Dutch language is easier to learn than German and many people in Holland speak better English than many Germans. If you know German really good, then learning Dutch is no problem.

Holland is a very good place to work and live. I know several people there and the quality of life is very good. Also, if you look at the numbers, I would not be so quick to rule it out.

lpd84
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
10/5/04 4:02 PM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
"it's not as big as German market", that's true, not as big, but as far as I got from people there, better than actual German market. What could be important: a big but worse or a small but good?

"and second finding a second job cud be even worse than here due to limited companies and limitations", may be, may be not, but with a first job with an unlimited contract, you got your 5 years and no need to go by all the trouble to get a new work permit if you change a job, matter of fact, most of the companies there ask you to have a work permit first and as this point will be cleared already, you got better chances then.

"and dutch wud add more problems to it", may be, may be not, I got a friend, the one I called yesterday, he is there since 3 years and has never needed to speak Dutch at work, as a great number of companies there are from the US. And compared to Germany, they have a better, no not better, they already have experience with foreigners, even though sometimes, they look a bit rush.

Still remain there the question of the "after 5 years" as it is as in Germany the time to do to have a PR.

But having an european experience can be a good plus to get a job there.

If things get honky here, this would definitely be an option, even though I don't want to get myself running around each and every country.

People use to say for example that the Italian government is hostile to foreigners but do you know that on the residence point, they have a better option than Germany even with the "not as big as Germany" market they have?
Just a point, my brother is living in Italy since March 2001 (I was able to find a job for him there) and he was here last month on holidays. He never had to worry about the residency because the Italian government voted a law saying that people like him (who are working) will get a PR after a 1+2+3 years visa (meaning, first one year, then renewed to 2 years and then to 3 years) and this without any problem.
As "small" as their economy is, they do have a clear view of the future. and as "big" as the German economy is, do we? do you? if you got, then lucky you because I'm still in the limbo, to get an expression loved by SudSud.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/28/04 6:28 AM as a reply to Fred Jeffry.
Similar article about the same topic...

Changes in Dutch immigration policy
http://www.expatica.com/source/site_article.asp?subchannel_id=19&story_id=7692&name=Tracking+the+Dutch+immigration+policy
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott