Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Laptop & Tax Claim

Toggle
Laptop & Tax Claim
Answer
6/15/04 6:28 PM
Hi,
Planning to buy a Laptop.Can I claim the amount spent for it during my tax declaration.Do I get back the total amount?What r the conditions for the claim.

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Laptop & Tax Claim
Answer
6/15/04 6:40 PM as a reply to blues blues.
If it is for Official purpose you can claim some(on 16% tax u have payed) tax returns.. but not the entire cost of your laptop!

VSK
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Laptop & Tax Claim
Answer
6/15/04 6:54 PM as a reply to blues blues.
Well, It depends. If you can convince your tax office that you need it for work (for example, you can show a certificate from your company that you need it for your 'weiterbildung", or you work at home occasionally) then you can deduce it completely if it costs less than a certain limit (400 €, I believe). If it costs more, then you have to deduct it over a 3 year period using a depreciation table (Absetzungen für Abnutzungen http://www.steuernetz.de/afa/tabellen/index.html).

And, starting 2004, you have to deduct it exactly to the month,
so if you buy it now, you could deduct 7*(Price/(3*12)) for this year, Price/3 for the next year, Price/3 for the following year, and 5*(Price/(3*12)) for the remainder.

Cheers,
Alex
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3