Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Hi From Srikanth

Toggle
Hi From Srikanth Srikanth Vakalapudi 4/22/05 5:26 AM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Fred Jeffry 4/22/05 10:52 AM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Asian the Great 4/22/05 12:53 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth D K 4/22/05 2:50 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Deepak Bansal 4/22/05 5:21 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Srikanth Vakalapudi 4/23/05 2:57 AM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Srikanth Vakalapudi 6/13/05 12:42 AM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Fred Jeffry 6/13/05 12:37 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Kiri Varatharajan 6/13/05 6:49 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Srikanth Vakalapudi 6/15/05 4:15 AM
Re: Hi From Srikanth (USA) Srikanth Vakalapudi 9/23/05 1:35 AM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Alex I 9/23/05 1:49 AM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Srikanth Vakalapudi 9/23/05 9:55 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth trust7 9/23/05 10:47 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Ashphak Pasha Shaik 9/23/05 11:03 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Srikanth Vakalapudi 9/23/05 11:26 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Guvenc Gulce 9/24/05 1:15 AM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Mark Johnson 9/24/05 10:16 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Alex I 9/26/05 1:15 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Srikanth Vakalapudi 9/26/05 10:09 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth ben fleck 9/26/05 11:31 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Binoy Valiavila 9/27/05 2:34 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Fred Jeffry 9/27/05 5:48 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Guvenc Gulce 9/27/05 6:43 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Srikanth Vakalapudi 9/27/05 7:27 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Mark Johnson 9/28/05 7:30 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth ben fleck 9/29/05 2:58 AM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Rajesh Shankar 9/29/05 12:05 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth NoBody 9/29/05 1:28 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Rohit Kumar 9/29/05 2:49 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth ben fleck 9/29/05 5:48 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Srikanth Vakalapudi 9/29/05 7:11 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Rajesh Shankar 9/29/05 8:21 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Striker Me 9/29/05 9:13 PM
Re: Hi From Srikanth Deepak Bansal 9/30/05 4:15 AM
Re: Hi From Srikanth narinder soni 9/30/05 2:45 PM
Hi From Srikanth
Answer
4/22/05 5:26 AM
Hi All,

How are you doing? After a long time I could able to go through (y)our trust7 site. Currently I am working in Atlanta, USA... hope all r doing fine.. and waiting for their PRs or Citizenship...

Btw., I have a small question..., does any one know how to apply for Pension returns from Bfa... i could not able to contact them as timings differs a lot and could not able to find time to call... If any one knows the process please share with me..

best regards for all,
Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Hi From Srikanth
Answer
4/22/05 10:52 AM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Srikanth,

Good to hear from you that you are doing well.

Dont you have to wait for 2 years to get your contribution back?

There are online forms on their websites www.bfa.de for this purpose.

-Fred
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/05 12:53 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Two years waiting is not really!! You can make the application once you left the country and you might receive it much earlier than two years. It happened to few of my colleagues.

Regards, Asian
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/05 2:50 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
My understanding is that yOu could make your application now. But you might get the money (your contribution) only after 2 years.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/22/05 5:21 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi,
To my understanding with the pension scheme, India and germany has no tie up regarding pension. But germany has tie up with USA, then you can get back all the money u and ur company part also, but this money will be transfereed to your pension account in US. Check it with US officials and German officials.

Regards
Deepak Bansal
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/23/05 2:57 AM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi *,

Thanks for all your suggestions. When I was there i had a long talk with Bfa people, I assume that we can apply at anytime but our contribution will come after 2 years only.. only thing i want to know is.. what are all documents they require when I sent the application form... if anyone knows this please let me know... even today also i had a talk with one lady in Bfa over phone.. (finally i could able to catch hold of one person), but no use, she also doesn't know.. she is just a translator.. she asked me to send the application form itself.. once it reaches they will ask us other supporting documents itseems...

But as per Deepaks, I will try to get info in USA also.. if I get my company contribution also would be good.. but normally it will not come to my hand, it will add into my Social security... any way let me see...

srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/13/05 12:42 AM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Again friends,

Nice to have a conversation with u guys again!!! I had a talk with Bfa people, I can apply my pension returns only after 2 years. I sent my application but they have rejected that and sent a letter stating that i can apply only after 2 yrs.. this is just for ur info...

have a nice day German PRs...!!

Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/13/05 12:37 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Srikanth,

Didnt you enquire about transferring your pension contribution to the USA?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/13/05 6:49 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Fred, Srikanth

you can either get 50% of your Pension amount or transfer it to USA,Canada... you can't get both.
if you transfer it, anyway its going to be helpful only at your 65 years. but at the age of 65 who knows what will happenemoticon
Since I am moving to Canada end of this June and planning to claim what I paid after 2 years.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/15/05 4:15 AM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Fred & *,

I don't want to transfer my German pension into USA pension plan... as said by our friend we can get it only after 65 Yrs...

Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Hi From Srikanth (USA)
Answer
9/23/05 1:35 AM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi *,

How r u doing all... i am out of touch with this group from couple of months.. hope everything is going well there and hope most of them got their PR's... Congrats for everyone and best of luck those who are waiting to get PRs...

I am doing fine... working in Atlanta, GA.. My work is going well...

Keep in touch...

Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/23/05 1:49 AM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
hi vsrikanth9,

nice to hear that things are going fine to you.

Tell us more about your new experience...

Did you miss Germany?
Did you feel a better/worse environment?
How do you see your future in USA?

I'm planning to go there in near future to check if I like it...

Best wishes,

Alex
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/23/05 9:55 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hey Alex,

Don't do that mistake!!! Be there.. Germany is excellent.. i was there about 6 1/2 yrs but because of family pressure i have moved to USA even i don't like right from begining...

Here life is mechanical, we don't know when we'll loose our job.. always be prepared for new job.. no security.. work wise also toomuch pressure, they will sit on us to get work done... here Government offices are in very bad condition.. they don't care people and no prompt response.. have to wait for everything for long time(sometimes months also).. very poor service.. if you compare all, manythings are worse here... only advantage is competative life, you can get a job and jump jobs for higher salaries.. you can earn lots of money in unsecured atmosphere!!! No stable life.. cost of living is bit cheaper(means food and etc).. house rents are very high compared to Germany..

If you want to become old in short time move to USA.. if you want to be Young forever stay in Germany!!!!

Always busy life.. i remember manytimes i tried to reach my friends from Germany(when i was in Germany), always they used to say i am busy busy busy like that.. i was wondering, y these guys are telling always busy, since we have 24 hrs a day.. 8 hrs we'll work and 8 hrs we sleep.. what about other 8 hrs, what they will do!!! after i came here i understood that they are spending on travel (office to home, home to office and shopping.. most tempting thing in US is shopping...) or overtime to earn extra money and many more... even we will not get time to stay at home...

Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/23/05 10:47 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Srikanth,

sounds not so good but it fits my own experiences. I have never worked in the USA, but I traveled a lot over there. I like it there and I could imagine to live there... after getting my first million Euro ;-)

As a rich man, well, no problem. But as a man with an average income, I prefer to live in Germany and go to the US for vacation.

Srikanth, if you want to come back one of these days, you know that you are still a member of a big family and I am sure, many GCs would like to help you.

All the best to you
Detlef
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/23/05 11:03 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Srikanth,

Can you give your mail address/tel no? we can interchange the information. I am also in the same city and i can give some information. or call me at : 404-518-3381 (Note: Today i forgot my mobile at home so call me after 5 pm)

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/23/05 11:26 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Dear Mr. Detlef,

Thanks for your support. I wish i may come back in future!!! Definitely i will ask for help if required.. My German visa is valid till end of 2007. I would love to visit between next year... I really appreciate you for your help to create this great web community...

Hi GC12345,

you can contact me at vsrikanth9@yahoo.com, but i would suggest you to share (y)our ideas through this website.. it helps for many people.. they will also know what is going on here... if you want to reach me you can contact me at 678-528-3593

Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/05 1:15 AM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
@Srikanth

Finally an honest person.. emoticon Thank you very much for your objective views regarding USA and Germany as a person who worked/lived in both countries. I wish you all the best..

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/24/05 10:16 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
@Srikanth

hmmm, I am sorry about your experiences in the US, there must not be anything good there. hmm, Wonder why all those stupid people go there instead of coming to Germany. They must be all wrong, specially your country men.

If everyone would think like you there wouldn't be a problem in Germany, economically and else and there would be an explosion of population there.

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/05 1:15 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
@JJ

"hmmm, I am sorry about your experiences in the US, there must not be anything good there. hmm, Wonder why all those stupid people go there instead of coming to Germany. They must be all wrong, specially your country men."

Uhmm, I think that you are taking in a wrong way what Srikanth is saying...

"those stupid people" go to USA mainly because de salary there if better than here and also because learning german lenguage is a major issue...

Also, the luck that one has wherever is located is always important...
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/05 10:09 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hey JJ,

Common man.. it is not depends on country. Many people prefer US because of Language.. no one thinks about other countries.. that to Germany has different language.. you know learning new software is very easy than German Language!!! and other thing is you can earn lots of money in USA.. ofcourse some disadvantages also there.. but once you are out of your motherland, you must accept all dificulties.. we must adjust with surroundings... this is life cycle... but for sure, Germany is a good place to live.

Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/26/05 11:31 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Srikanth, you are unfortunate to have that kind of experience. My friends and relatives are working all over US(California, Ohio, New Jersy, Massachusetts etc..) and till today no one complained anything. It all depends on the location and company you work for. Where do you live in USA? Which company do you work for?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/27/05 2:34 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
A person who has lived in both the countries and worked in the same field can compare and say the difference..!
So I agree with Srikanth as he had lived here for quite sometime and know the work life here and can give a clear view..!
and offcourse its his perspective..! but one can always derive some info..

We may have friends everywhere ...! how can they complain if they have not lived in different countries and know the advantages available at different places..!!
(Those living there usually assume in other developed countries also they have to go through the same.., so they get used to it..! so when a person assumes life has to be lived like this (in US) for prosperity.., how can they complain when they are unaware of the life in other parts of the world..!)

One can balance a work,family and social life very well here ! and again it all depends on the perspective of a person..!
What he finds comfort in ? Some prefer to be workholic and cut off from other aspects of life...

So at the end it boils down on the attitude of a individual..!! and how he wants to live his life ..!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/27/05 5:48 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Right said binoy!

@ lacrima:
Its quite normal that people from Europe (esp. Turkey and Eastern Europe) will find Germany to be a perfect place on Earth. And its no wonder that govt officials do talk your language, considering the number of ppl here! Thats doesnt make Germany heaven!

@ all:
For Asians like me, life is quite different (I dont mean difficult) and its normal that you might face some problems until you master the language. Germany is a good place to live.

Checking passports is for our security only, and you should not see it as discrimination.

AFAIK, USA is better in that it speaks English (which Indians are well versed in), and you earn better. But working 12 hours per day and even on weekends, and job insecurity drives you crazy! Working without freetime is okay for bachelors, but when do you spend time with family and kids once you are married???

So its for the individual to decide which is good for him/her, and arguing whether Germany is better or best wont help.

- Fred

Smile at the world, and it will smile back.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/27/05 6:43 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
very well said binoy !

Lacrima
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/27/05 7:27 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Babloo,

Just ask your relatives about DMV or SSN office how they treat people..

I am not telling you that USA is totally waste, just comparing how things will happen here and in Germany... in Germany i never faced any problems in any Government office... You can finish your work within 30 mins and that to you will have proper shelter.. you can sit, no need to wait in Queues like at Movie theater.. In USA you have to wait in Queues for applying Driving License application... Of course i faced good people also.. i am working in Atlanta, my Project Manager is Very good.. i am not facing any problems at work.. but i came accross those situations in past.

In Germany getting Driving License is difficult because you should be perfect in both theory and practicles... But in USA applying application for a Driving license is very difficult..

Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/28/05 7:30 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
@Srikanth

see the link below please.

http://www.n24.de/service/tv/sendungen/jobkarriere/?n2005092812432800002

I think your arguement for rosy Germany doesn't stand.

Cheers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/29/05 2:58 AM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Srikanth, are you telling me just because you faced lengthy treatment in these offices you have decided Germany is an excellent place in terms of integration and workplace. LOL man, in Germany you will find the worst bureaucratic procedures happening all the time and I am the worst victim of all. I think you are lucky you did not get trapped in one of those. Don't you think every time you change a new place you will need some time to settle and get adpated to such an environment.

When you tell people in a German discussion forum that Germany is an excellent place naturally they tend to agree with you because they are living here. I heard from my friends from USA that they never underwent lengthy procedures either before the motor vehicles department or before a social security office.

Don't make a silly mistake coming back to Germany and don't advice people with half knowledge. I will agree with you for any arguments after you have had lived for some years in USA. You need to get used to the new surroundings so be patient to learn the new culture.

Don't you think your family members were either feeling bored or hard to find friendly neighbourhood to live in Germany that is why they forced you to move to USA?

Listen, Germany has a long way to catch up USA in terms of integrating foreigners. Germany is currently in economic recession, it is fkng hard to find a new IT job and you are talking about social security here. Have you heard of economic reforms in Germany and what they are planning to do?

I bet you will not return back to Germany.

regards,
Babloo
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/29/05 12:05 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
@babloo,

Have you visited the US? Please answer this question before you start another bashing thread about Germany
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/29/05 1:28 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
@rajeshspg

visiting the US is not the deal, living and working in the US is. Personnaly, I will never base my judgements on what I've heard from other people, whatever that is, but only on what I've lived (trust doesn't prohibit checking).

I've visited France, Switzerland, Belgium and seen them working, I've lived in Belgium and they are people that I know living in those countries and working there who find them fine and better than Germany, but to know if something is better than another one, better test both and not rely on a one-side test, if not, you will end up using Windows or Linux because one said this and the other said that.

I know people who lived here, got citizenship and went to the UK because "one said", they went and lived and found out that the "one said" were lacking a lot of parameters and they ended up coming back here, or living there just because it's the UK, even if living and working in worse conditions than here.

Same thing for Canada, wanted to go there because many people recommanded it to me, as I speak both languages of there, because the job is fine, the atmosphere is fine, but hey, got other people living there recommanding me not to go there unless on vacation...

Only a married man can tell the difference being being single and married and tell which one is the better, because, as they said in my country, what happens in the married people's bed, none knows, unless he is married.

I'm just following the thread, but I wanted to add my 2 cents to it.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/29/05 2:49 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi All,

very well said NoBody, as one should see the both sides and then compare. As far as I know it also depends on one's preferences and requirements, as it is always not the same for everyone.

regards
Peacy
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/29/05 5:48 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
rajeshspg:

Have you visited the US? Please answer this question before you start another bashing thread about Germany

LOL, do you expect me to answer each and every lil' one on this holy $hit? I have more things to do and if you have not read or understood the point I am trying to make then it is your problem. Remember, getting a German PR is just the beginning of your journey so be patient and watch out for nitty-gritty things in Germany.

Oh, while I am trying to answer your problem I noticed you were one of those who is planning to invest in Germany. I want to wish you good luck.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/29/05 7:11 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi Babloo and *,

I think you are still thinking from one side.. i lived/worked in both countries(i was in Germany for about 6 1/2 yrs and in USA about 1 year.. ). I don't think we need more time to know about the surroundings.. in this one year i have changed 2 jobs (because of salaries), even i have changed 2 employers.. you cann't believe all these.. i know non of Indo US residents will not complain, since they used to this life(they just worked in US only.. i know few of my friends who moved from Germany.. they also feeling bad about US life style).. but in Germany you will have cool life.. I worked in Germany in 4 different places, never faced any problems.. even all my landlords are very kind.. you cann't believe, when i was in Augsburg(i stayed for 1 year there) my land lord helped me a lot.. after leaving the house, he kept all my luggage in his garrage and personally he transported to my office in Darmstadt... and many more excellent experiences... I don't care bureaucratic and some other things.. If i am safe to life anywhere i like to live...

I am sure living in Germany is excellent than USA.

My parents enjoyed a lot in Germany. They asked me to move to USA because of some other reasons.. I got married with a Girl who was in USA.. my wife was in USA from long time after we got married she moved to Germany and enjoyed her life in Germany for 3 yrs, but she could not able to find a job there.. hence this move..

Many of my relatives are US Citizens here.. they always says, if you want to earn money come but don't think you will enjoy ur life here!!! These words i never forget..

Anyway y should i tell all these things.. just come here(visit not for work) and see One DMV(Driving license office) or (Social Security Office) or any other Government office, office you will be knowing the situation.

In terms of Technology, Germany is ahead of US.. i am very much in technology side.. i play with electronics.. mainly I tried to buy Navigation System for my car and asked for TMC(Traffic Message Control.. which will guide you if there is a traffic Jam in your travel), they even don't know what it is and asking what it will do, i told them this, they said we donot have even no other company is providing this feature..

Srikanth
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/29/05 8:21 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
@ babloo

I still didnt get that answer from you. Ok you dont have the time to write down !!

Thanks for your advice about the nitty gitty things!! Maybe you need to open an office for legal advices but still again you dont have time for that silly thing..Maybe you are very angry just because you didnt get what you need(Respect???) in Germany and because of that you suddenly started speaking about German Economy, Germany and US lifestyles and apart from that you still complain that you dont have time for silly issues.. Ok!! why do u still live in Germany ? you live just because Germany is a free country and you can tell all you want but i thought you dont have time...

I personally feel that bashing cultures never take you anywhere. I think you need to take all the positive aspects of the country where you live or lived and let aside the negative aspects.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/29/05 9:13 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hello Everyone,

Here are my 3 cents emoticon

There is no way You can compare 2 different cities, let alone comparing 2 countries. Every place in this world has some unique things to offer and also has some backdrops.

I have only been to U.S. twice, that even for a visit of not more than 1 month each time. It was a great place to be. People were extremely friendly and everything was sooo big (cars, houses, girls). On the other side, me and my friend were walking by in downtown San Francisco and we saw the other part of U.S. (drugs, criminal gangs everywhere). I must admit that in my 4.5 years of stay in Germany, I have never experienced anything like that here.

I am no way saying that Germany is better than U.S. or vice versa. All I am saying is that each place has some good things to offer and also some bad. For me, someone who is coming from India, it is difficult to criticize German government departments, for a simple fact that it is much better than in my home land. I trust this is also true for most of us....

But again, India has sooo many other things to offer than even Germany is no where close to.

Having lived in India, U.K. and now Germany, I find this place to be great.

Personally, I would not want to move to U.S. simply because one can earn loads of money there. Bcos at the end, I need money for living, not living for money. Germany offers a very good opportunity to balance work/personal life.

Yes, language is a problem in Germany, but that is only because we have been tooo lazy to learn it so far.

Its wrong to criticize a country, specially when this country has provided You living/saving ;) for some time.

Just my thought,
Nitin.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/05 4:15 AM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
Hi All,

I guess we dont need to waste our time in discussing such thing with a person, who has time to give wrong statements, but dont have time to answers, questions which other members asked.

I think you all know "We make a person to listen who either know fully or to a person who doesnt know anything, but we cant say anything to a person who has half knowledge"

I still dont understand why one should stay here if they dont like? (I know so many body shoppers who do H1-B visas for free) Instead spoiling the whole environment (like one bad plant can spoil the whole good plants ....)

As i already told in other thread, i lived in US and was a US greecard holder. A father of two kids

Deepak
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/30/05 2:45 PM as a reply to Srikanth Vakalapudi.
"In terms of Technology, Germany is ahead of US" : I also agree with Srikanth on this.
This month I was in US(for 2 weeks only). During this period I also visited 3-4 different electronic super markets there. To my surprise I didn't find any latest model of Mobile Phone which I saw in Germany 3-4 months before. They still have those models on their shelves which were discarded in Germany 1 year back. I didn't find more than 2 models of MP3 player (with 1 Gb mem). I was feeling like I am in some 3rd world country but actually I was in markets of California - US emoticon
I talked to my friends and relatives in US about Car Navigation and to my surprise again - they don't know what a Car Navigation actually does - forget about TMC. Then I looked into Electronic shops. There too I didn't find any shelf having latest Navigation systems with map displays.

Last day in US - I tried to get rid of all my dollar notes. But on the way back to airport the Taxi guy said his CreditCard reader is not working. So I had to pay him in cash but I had already spent all notes by then. Then we went to a nearby bank on our way. The story began now : I went to the Money Exchange Counter and requested them to exchange my "20 Euro" note to dollars. The lady said ok(with a smiling face). She asked me to fill a form. Took 5 min. to find the right form and fill it. Then she asked my ID Card. I gave her my Driving Licence. Wasn't enough. Then I gave her my passport. She checked for 5 min.... then she went to her Boss. Boss said NO....don't know why.....
Then I asked can they use my German Debit or Credit Card to fetch me 25 dollars atleast. They agreed on this happily(I used both these cards for whole 2 weeks do all kind of purchasing in US) BUT you know what - both these cards didn't work on their Card reader machines after trying for 5 min. - OH God I said....The Bank employees finally found an excuse that - as my cards belong to a German Bank so these are not acceptable in their bank. I could never believe this. I came out of bank and tried my EC Card on same bank's ATM machine. And there it worked. Finally I was satisfied but on the whole way back I was just thinking about that bank's technology which was not capable of Exchanging an Euro note or reading the Cards from any other country. At least it happened with me.

There are many more examples but I can't list all here emoticon

But I must say Germany is much ahead than US in terms of technology and living.

But for sure one thing in which US is better than Germany : You get heavy salary and you can get even more in 6 months of time after changing your job. Changing jobs there is considered a fancy thing emoticon

But, is money everything?

After coming back to Germany. My wife asked me - How was your trip? I don't know why but it came out of my heart and I said to her : Germany is better than US

Hey guys(those who respect US) emoticon Don't take my comments so seriously. It was only based upon my 2 weeks of experience in US. May be US is better in many more regards. But after reading Srikanth's views I also agreed with him.

Remember - No place or person is good or bad. Its only how you look at it.

Have a nice long weekend.
Soni
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3