Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Ich-AG for freelancer

Toggle
Ich-AG for freelancer
Answer
4/4/06 3:34 PM
Hi

to start as a freelancer one has to register him as a selbstangiger, but we can also register for a company name in Ich-AG .....

Is it necessary to pay Rente and arbeitlos insurance ?

If there is no "rente" to be paid to the government, would it be possible to pay with a
private company for rente ....

What's the procedure to get the arbeitlos money if some one don't have job for a long time with the selbstandiger visa (freelancer) ?
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Ich-AG for freelancer
Answer
4/4/06 5:08 PM as a reply to John Daniel.
"to start as a freelancer one has to register him as a selbstangiger", correct.
"but we can also register for a company name in Ich-AG", yes, but I wouldn't advise this.

"Is it necessary to pay Rente and arbeitlos insurance?", this depends on you, you can but you're not obliged to, myself I don't. And the Arbeitslosversicherung is only since February 2006.

"If there is no "rente" to be paid to the government, would it be possible to pay with a
private company for rente", yes, but it won't have the same meaning for the government.

"What's the procedure to get the arbeitlos money if some one don't have job for a long time with the selbstandiger visa (freelancer)?", first if you're freelancer before February, that wouldn't be possible because you haven't paid the Arbeitslosversicherung. But if you did work as a normal employee before, for more than 12 months and then have Anspruch of 6 to 12 months ALG, and if you've not been freelancer for more than 4 years, than you can get the ALG from your previous time of employement, if not, it went void and you can't.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/4/06 5:48 PM as a reply to John Daniel.
What you can do in case you are employee at the moment and with good freelancer contract on the way, you get yourself fired :-) but then you have to be sure you're eligible for ALG.
You register as unemployed, get ALG for 1 month, then you do a business plan and go to register yourself at Finanzamt, and then submit your business plan to AA.

Instead of ALG you will the receive steuerfrei Überbrückungsgeld which amount ALG + ALG * 675/1000 (normally more than you had as netto as employed) for 6 months, you can do your contracts and earn as much as you want, nobody cares (this can't be under the Ich-AG clause)

If it doesn't work with the freelancer thing, you can just go back and re-register yourself as unemployed and you should get the rest of the Anspruch auf ALG that you had before, this Anspruch remains for 4 years.

But better think a lot before going for it... NoBody told you nothing :-)

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/4/06 5:55 PM as a reply to John Daniel.
Sorry, miscalculation, the UBG is equal to
ALG + (ALG * 695)/1000

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/4/06 6:11 PM as a reply to John Daniel.
@noboday
some one has to be fired by the firma to get all these benefits but unfortunately, if he fire himself he can not get ALG for ever. This is my understading about ALG
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/4/06 6:36 PM as a reply to John Daniel.
Right, sad but true.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/4/06 6:43 PM as a reply to John Daniel.
I know the way 'coz I did it myself.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/4/06 7:01 PM as a reply to John Daniel.
@Nobody:

With 85000€ Brutto / Year as freelancer, how much remains netto from your experience ?

I know that it depends a lot, but I would like to hear your experience.

Regards,
Cedomir
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/4/06 7:10 PM as a reply to John Daniel.
""to start as a freelancer one has to register him as a selbstangiger", correct."

not correct. you just need to inform your finanzamt if you intend to work as freelancer without registration of any company

""Is it necessary to pay Rente and arbeitlos insurance?", this depends on you"

not if he gets support of a government (Ich-AG) sir! look here:

SGB VI § 2  Selbständig Tätige
Versicherungspflichtig sind selbständig tätige
10. Personen für die Dauer des Bezugs eines Zuschusses nach § 421 l des Dritten Buches.

ALG - "if not, it went void and you can't."

Then he can get Alg II (same in case when his business will not bring enough money) but be careful here: 1) officials do not like such applications 'cause it's lot of pain for them to process those correctly; 2) there are some weird rules here that can get you in real trouble if you do not know corresponding legal questions on pretty good level. i mean this thing:

Arbeitslosengeld II / Sozialgeld-Verordnung - Alg II-V

§2a Berechnung des Einkommens aus selbständiger Arbeit, Gewerbebetrieb und Land- und Forstwirtschaft
(1) Bei der Berechnung des Einkommens aus selbständiger Arbeit, Gewerbebetrieb und Land- und Forstwirtschaft ist vom Arbeitseinkommen im Sinne des § 15 des Vierten Buches Sozialgesetzbuch aus zugehen. Weiche Einnahmen zum Einkommen aus Land- und Forstwirtschaft, Gewerbebetrieb und selbständiger Arbeit gehören, bestimmt sich nach § 13 Abs. 1 und 2, § 15 Abs. 1 und § 18 Abs. 1 des Einkommensteuergesetzes; der Nutzungswert der Wohnung im eigenen Haus bleibt unberücksichtigt. Soweit eine Feststellung des Arbeitseinkommens nicht möglich ist, ist zur Bestimmung des Arbeitseinkommens von den Bruttoeinnahmen eine Betriebsausgabenpauschale in Höhe von 20 Prozent abzusetzen.

(2) Das Einkommen ist für das Kalenderjahr zu berechnen, in dem der Bedarfszettraum liegt (Berechnungsjahr). Für jeden Bedarfszeitraum ist ein Zwölftel des Einkommens im Berechnungsjahr als Einkommen zu berücksichtigen. Ist Arbeitseinkommen nur während eines Teils des Jahres vorhanden, so ist das Einkommen nur für diesen Zeitraum zu berechnen; für ihn gilt als monatliches Einkommen derjenige Teil des Arbeitseinkommens, der der Anzahl der in den genannten Zeitraum faltenden Monate entspricht.

(3) Als Einkommen ist ein Betrag anzusetzen, der auf der Grundlage früherer Betriebsergebnisse und unter Berücksichtigung der im Rahmen des Betriebes im Berechnungsjahr bereits erzielten Einnahmen und geleisteten notwendigen Ausgaben sowie der im Rahmen des Betriebes im Berechnungsjahr noch zu erwartenden Einnahmen und notwendigen Ausgaben zu errechnen ist.

(4) Soweit über die Gewährung von Leistungen zum Lebensunterhalt nach § 40 Abs. 1 Satz 2 Nr. 1a des Zweiten Buches Sozialgesetzbuch vorläufig entschieden wurde, ist bei der abschließenden Entscheidung als Einkommen der vom Finanzamt für das Berechnungsjahr festgestellte Gewinn zu berücksichtigen.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/4/06 7:16 PM as a reply to John Daniel.
By informing the Finanzamt, you have to fill the registration form as Freiberufler, and AFAIK, it's a registration per say.

D.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
4/4/06 7:23 PM as a reply to John Daniel.
"By informing the Finanzamt, you have to fill the registration form as Freiberufler, and AFAIK, it's a registration per say."

probably in your city, but not in Mannheim! emoticon

Did they make you register a Gewerbe? Be careful if they did - they can require Gewerbesteuer from you ...
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3
Date: 1/22/18
Ame Elliott