Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Integration

Settlement permits for students

Toggle
Settlement permits for students
Answer
2/12/10 3:38 PM
Hello all, greetings from india.
I wanted to ask how easy it is for students to get permanent residency in germany. I was a student of BITS pilani,a really high profile engineering college in india. I came to frankfurt for six months and liked deutschland very much and will now liek to continue studies in germany for masters, probably i'll get into TU Munich. Now how to proceed after getting masters on the course for permanent residency(settlement permit). because, i have offers from canadian and US universities too where getting green card will be relatively easy if i go by the knowledge i have gathered of how PR system works over there.
So any info will be very useful because i got too much confused from these forums gathering information. So wise men tell me should i proceed with accepting offer from TU Munich and how long will it take to get settlement permit.
0 (0 Votes)

Re: Settlement permits for students
Answer
2/12/10 4:06 PM as a reply to the one.
Hi,
I think out of CANADA,US & Germany, getting a PR is easier in CANADA.
In US , your employer have to apply for your Green card which might take some years from application (roughly 10yrs). Its relatively NOT SO EASY compared to Germany but may be EASY compared to CANADA/UK.

In Germany, you have to live here for 5 years and pay 60 months of pension and student time is calculated as half. So if you get a job after studying for 24months which is 12 months (half of 24) and then work for 48 months , you are eligible to get a PR. This is how one fulfills the 60 month stay. No lawyer/employer has to do it. Its your right and you get it in a month of applying it emoticon

CANADA , Please google it.

Hope this helps you in choosing which country to settle in finally emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Stars: 39
Date: 3/9/19
VAK
Stars: 124
Date: 2/25/18
trust 7
Stars: 3