Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Niederlassungerlaubnis Validity?

Alternar
Niederlassungerlaubnis Validity?
Respuesta
23/11/10 21:32
Hi,

Normally NE is valid for 6 months from the date of leaving Germany, but I heard that there are some exceptions that allows it to remain valid until 12 months. Please let me know if you are aware of these exceptions or have experienced it?

Thanks and I look fwd for your response...

Cheers,
Chirag.
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Niederlassungerlaubnis Validity?
Respuesta
23/11/10 22:48 en respuesta a Chiru Jain.
NE 6 months outside Germany or more with permission from the ABH.

NE-EG 12 months outside the territories of the EU where the NE-EG can be acquired or 6 years outside Germany.

Cheers,
-a
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
24/11/10 11:07 en respuesta a Chiru Jain.
anyone can be exempted as long as you convince them with evidence. If you are going on deputation of a german company take a letter form your company. This should suffice. other possibility is if you own companies in Germany and your home country (like in my case) you should be able to get it but as long as your passport is valid.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
24/11/10 13:23 en respuesta a Chiru Jain.
Thanks Aalvarez and Savion.

1) Does one need to fill a specific form or just go to ABH and tell them about the case for extension of NE expiry?

2)Do you know the procedure of converting a Germany NE into NE for EU? How long it remains valid once the person leave EU zone?

Cheers,
Chirag
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
24/11/10 13:25 en respuesta a Chiru Jain.
@Chirag

Your NE is valid for the following duration:

1. Your lifetime if you never leave Germany.

2. 6 months after leaving Germany and going to Non-EU member state.

3. 12 months after leaving Germany and going to EU member state.

4. Whichever is less from above ;-)
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/11/10 19:57 en respuesta a Chiru Jain.
All - I heard that NE-EG is valid for 6 years if you are going in to other EU. Since last one year, my company is asking me to take up projects in Swiss. I have not been moving out of Germany citing my NE expiry. I have been living in Germany since May 2003.
1)In order to retain my NE, what do I have to do if my company asks me to move to Swiss?
2) What will happen to my social security contribution?
3) What will be impact on my AOK insurance?
4) Couple of years later, will I be able to move back in to Germany?
5) How to get this NE - EG? If I get NE EG, do I still have to get work permit for Swiss as I still hold an Indian passport.

Thanks,
Balu
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
25/11/10 22:13 en respuesta a Chiru Jain.
Thanks Akshay!
I would be going back to India end of this year and might have to stay some time there (2-3 mths)and then go to France/Swiss for project work. But, I would prefer to come back to Germany to avoid expiry of my NE. So, here are some more questions to get insight from you and other Trust7 members...

1) If I go to India and initiate my workpermit (WP) for France or other EU country (within 6 months period), will my NE for Germany remain valid or will expire once I get the WP for other EU country?

2) How does it really work for EU / Non-EU. e.g. what would be NE validity in the following two simple cases:

Case 1:
- I go first from Germany to India for 2 mths, then to France for 5-6 mths and then plan to come back to Germany. Will NE remain valid?

Case 2:
- I go first from Germany to France for 3 mths, then to India for 4-5 mths and then plan to come back to Germany. Will NE remain valid?

Case 3:
- I go from Germany to India for 3 mths, make a trip to Germany for a week or so (vacation), go back to India for 4 mths and plan to retun back to Germany afterwards. Will NE remain valid?

In general, how do they (Visa folks) track the person movement for checking the NE validity?

3) Is it mandated to do "Abmeldung" when someone leaves Germany? In other words, what are the consequences of doing or not doing the Abmeldung on NE or general validity.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Chirag
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
26/11/10 2:46 en respuesta a Chiru Jain.
Sorry Chirag to get in to your thread and asking my questions. I shall start a fresh thread.
Thanks.
B
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
4/12/10 16:36 en respuesta a Chiru Jain.
Hi All,

I am in the process of moving from Germany to India and I would appreciate your feedback on my following questions, as I need to plan wih my company accordingly.

1) If I go to India and initiate my workpermit (WP) for France or other EU country (within 6 months period), will my NE for Germany remain valid or will expire once I get the WP for other EU country?

2) How does it really work for EU / Non-EU. e.g. what would be NE validity in the following scenarios:

Case 1:
- I go from Germany to India for 3 mths, make a trip to Germany for a week or so (vacation), go back to India for 4 mths and plan to retun back to Germany afterwards. Will NE remain valid or do I need to make anmeldung and get German salary during my intermediate trip?

Case 2:
- I go first from Germany to India for 2 mths, then to France for 5-6 mths and then plan to come back to Germany. Will NE remain valid?

Case 3:
- I go first from Germany to France for 3 mths, then to India for 4-5 mths and then plan to come back to Germany. Will NE remain valid?

In general, how do they (Visa folks) track the person movement for checking the NE validity?

3) Is it mandated to do "Abmeldung" when someone leaves Germany? In other words, what are the consequences of doing or not doing the Abmeldung on NE or general validity.

Thanks a lot for your time in reading above and answering emoticon

Cheers,
Chirag
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
5/12/10 14:09 en respuesta a Chiru Jain.
@ Chirag - I was in a similar situation and made some enquiries to get clarification.

You mentioned that you are moving to India and also you mentioned that you are going to get Visa to work in France. Why do you want to do this. How about looking at option of getting Dauerafenthals AG from the foriegn office citing that you are moving to France? This will let you stay away and work in France for 6 years. You will still have to apply for work permit for working in France. Why not applying for the French work permit from Germany itself?

Thanks.
B
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3