Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

NE but not DE Citizen

Alternar
NE but not DE Citizen
Respuesta
3/09/10 18:39
Hello My Friends,

Background:
I am a NE holder and have been "working" in DE for the last 6Y+. Was never a student in DE and was never jobless, although had switched my job twice during this period. Association with my current employer is nearly 2Y now.

Issue:
It is a bit awkward. My company is headquartered in US and is pressuring me for relocation to US sometime mid next year. This means my 7Y stay (by then) in DE gets nullified and my counter gets reset to "0", if I ever have to return here :-(!!!

Oh my friends.... hope you understand what a dilemma I am into now... while it's true that I enjoy a lot working for this company, but I can't think of giving up my years of residency in DE..... :-(

To my little knowledge, the only solution is to have a German citizenship - right? But then again, I don't really qualify even by mid next year. I am totally at loss.....

Any comments or at least some consolation??

Cheers.
0 (0 Votos)

Re: NE but not DE Citizen
Respuesta
3/09/10 18:54 en respuesta a Roger Federer.
You first priority is to see to that NE does not lapse. This can be done by getting a letter from your company, that you are moving out of the country(inter company transfer) for a period of 3 years and providing it to the ABH. The ABH will then issue a letter stating that your NE will not cancel out during that period. This gap can be explained if and when u return back to germany and apply for GC and hopefully the EBA(Einbürgerungamt) will accept it.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
3/09/10 19:15 en respuesta a Roger Federer.
Hey Raj,

That's cool man - THANKS! What a nice info for a Friday afternoon :-). Wonder how come wasn't I ever aware of this.....

Well... let me try speaking to my company next time this topic resurfaces. Hopefully, I can convince them......

Thinking of going as well to ABH and speak in advance.... do you foresee any issues with that?

Thnx again Raj!

Cheers.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
4/09/10 3:36 en respuesta a Roger Federer.
>>Well... let me try speaking to my company next time this topic resurfaces. Hopefully, I can convince them......

Better ask them first if they can postpone the transfer for another 18 months. Once you get ur GC it is advantages for both the company and yourself.

>>Thinking of going as well to ABH and speak in advance.... do you foresee any issues with that?

Nopes,, no issues there, always better to hear from the horse's mouth :-)

If you want to apply in 7 years, hope u r aware of the Integration course and Citizenship exam? If not better make arrangement now itself.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
5/09/10 22:23 en respuesta a Roger Federer.
You can usually apply for citizenship several months in advance. So in your case I would suggest that you do the integration course and citizenship exam, language exam etc now.

Then try to file an application 6 months in advance and get your company to delay shifting for some months.

For your information, you can just do the orientation course exam + language course exam as a 'selbstzahler' and get the Zertifikat Integrationskurs. You dont need to do the whole course. Search for your Regionalkoordinator at BAMF (Bundesamt für Migration & Flüchtlinge) and they can advice you better. This was my case too.

BTW time spent in Germany in the past can be counted if you come back to Germany to some extent (ask Einbürgerungsbehörde). But I always say, what you are getting now, take it now

I would also recommend changing your NE into a Daueraufenthaltserlaubnis EU which allows you to be out of Germany for a longer period of time as far as I know. AGain ask the Ausländerbehörde about or read at www.info4alien.de
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
6/09/10 20:01 en respuesta a Roger Federer.
Hello SuperSid,

Thanks a lot my friend. Following your leads, I have been able to collect the contacts of my local RegionalKoordinator. So let's see what he has to say..... Will keep you all updated....

Needless to say how much the responses from you and Raj have lifted my spirits again.... THX!

Cheers.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
6/09/10 20:12 en respuesta a Roger Federer.
Hello Raj,

>> Better ask them first if they can postpone the transfer for another 18 months. Once you get ur GC it is advantages for both the company and yourself.

That's the trick I have been trying, but doesn't seem to work.... :-(

>> Nopes,, no issues there, always better to hear from the horse's mouth

... thought your words are as good as horse's mouth ;-)..... Sure very few people in this forum will disagree :-)

>> If you want to apply in 7 years, hope u r aware of the Integration course and Citizenship exam? If not better make arrangement now itself.

YES I am aware... but my work involves a bit of travel (sometimes for 2-3 weeks at a stretch).... so normal classroom course isn't an option.... looking for online ones.... not sure though how effective would they be.....

Cheers!
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
7/09/10 1:04 en respuesta a Roger Federer.
as supersid said before, you just have to do your Zertifikat Deutsch, for which you dont have to attend any courses. There are a few model papers available online. Just try and see if u can manage them.

http://www.goethe.de/ins/de/prf/gzd/mat/deindex.htm
http://www.telc.net/unser-angebot/deutsch/zertifikat-deutsch-telc-deutsch-b1/informationen/

Just saw that VHS also provides e-learning for german, maybe u can try that as well.

The Orientation courses can be taken at weekends aswell and involves 45 Hrs.

Einbürgerungstest:
http://www.integration-in-deutschland.de/nn_1344996/SubSites/Integration/DE/02__Zuwanderer/Einbuergerungstest/einbuergerungstest-inhalt.html?__nnn=true

Good luck
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
8/09/10 16:29 en respuesta a Roger Federer.
Dear All,

I have zwo questions:
1) is there a way to get a citizen ship of germany without B1 test.
2) Just by attending the integeration course fullfulls the requirement or a test has to be given in any case.Just to be clear is attending the course is good enough.
3) are there conditions that exempt you from B1 test requirement for citizenship.

Please advice. we have NE under §19.(high qualification type) for last 5 years.

Regards

Havehope
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
8/09/10 16:54 en respuesta a Roger Federer.
Dear All,

We are living in germany for last 8 years.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
8/09/10 17:54 en respuesta a Roger Federer.
@havehope

All the information you require is in the following link

http://www.bundesregierung.de/Webs/Breg/DE/Bundesregierung/BeauftragtefuerIntegration/Einbuergerung/Anspruch/anspruchseinbuergerung.html__nnn=true#doc646794bodyText4

To answer your questions

>>1) is there a way to get a citizen ship of germany without B1 test.

No

>>2) Just by attending the integeration course fullfulls the requirement or a test has to be given in any case.Just to be clear is attending the course is good enough.

One need to have the certificate. Just attending does not fulfill the requirements

>>3) are there conditions that exempt you from B1 test requirement for citizenship.

Yes. 1. Attend a german exam when requested by Eibürgerungbehörde( which i think will be B1 :-) )
2. If you are very very old
3. If you are handicapped or sick(necessary attestations has to be provided)
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott