Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Transfer of job

Alternar
Transfer of job
Respuesta
5/05/08 23:10
Hello,

I work in India for a Germany based IT company. I have been to Germnany many times through this company (stayed on business visa and residence permit for over 20 months). Now I plan to relocate to Germany permanently with my family. I will look for a new employer and get a work contract.

1. From what I understand, the maximum duration of stay possible is 5 years (after which I can apply for NE based on conditions). Once I get NE will this allow me unlimited stay in Germany?

2. If I try to join the same parent company in Germany (with whose subsidary I am working in India now) will this help me in anyway wrt to easier processing of Visa?

Thanks in advance,
nts
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Transfer of job
Respuesta
6/05/08 12:08 en respuesta a Nirmal Sasidharan.
Answer to 1: Yes, NE = settlement permit.

Answer to 2: It won't help you much, but the fact that you have contacts there and that you can get a job easier is good since it is not so easy to find an employer here if you're living abroad.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
6/05/08 13:23 en respuesta a Nirmal Sasidharan.
Thank you for your answers. I have few more questions

1. From my understanding, after I find an employer in Germany (while staying in India), I can apply for a Visa in Germany. Do I get residence permit and workpermit from India? Are these both the same now?

2. As I mentioned, I have visted Germany many times on Schenken Visa and on residence permit. When I apply for NE later will the duration of stays with both these Visa's be considered?

3. My residence permit was for 2 years. I stayed continously for 1 year. The rest of the stay was for 4 months during the next year with breaks. The break was never more than 6 months. Will only the actual duration of stay be considered for NE or the entire 2 years?

nts
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
6/05/08 13:28 en respuesta a Nirmal Sasidharan.
Your first priority should be to get a job and the visa. Put your efforts on the important stuffs other than wasting time with NE for now.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
6/05/08 14:23 en respuesta a Nirmal Sasidharan.
Hello Raj,

You are absolutely right. This is my first priority too. What I am a looking for is a permanent relocation and I dont want to end up in a situation that I should return to India after 5 years because of Visa regulations.

Maybe I am a bit confused after reading all information about visa rules and regulations emoticon Could anyone neverthless answer my queries?

nts
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
6/05/08 15:00 en respuesta a Nirmal Sasidharan.
1. From my understanding, after I find an employer in Germany (while staying in India), I can apply for a Visa in Germany. Do I get residence permit and workpermit from India? Are these both the same now?

Answer: No and No. After your employer sends you all necessary documents(work contract...), you will have to go to the embassy in your home country, and apply for a normal visa which will be issued for a duration of 90 days. After you come to Germany, you will apply for a residence permit and a work permit based on your work contract and will get those. Residence permit is stamped on your passport whereas work permit is a seperate paper. If you have NE and maybe BE you won't be needing seperate work permits but I am not sure regarding BE.

2. As I mentioned, I have visted Germany many times on Schenken Visa and on residence permit. When I apply for NE later will the duration of stays with both these Visa's be considered?

Answer: No, they will not be considered, they will start counting 5 years from scratch.

3. My residence permit was for 2 years. I stayed continously for 1 year. The rest of the stay was for 4 months during the next year with breaks. The break was never more than 6 months. Will only the actual duration of stay be considered for NE or the entire 2 years?

Answer: Check answer to question 2.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
6/05/08 15:13 en respuesta a Nirmal Sasidharan.
>> You are absolutely right. This is my first priority too. What I am a looking for is a permanent relocation and I dont want to end up in a situation that I should return to India after 5 years because of Visa regulations.

Dont worry. Regulations have been relaxed a lot and if you can hold a job continuously its very easy to settle. I dont think you will be facing the same problems we faced or wait as long as we did.

good luck with the job hunting.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18