Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

UK Visit Visa

Alternar
UK Visit Visa
Respuesta
21/06/06 2:07
Hi guys,
Does anyone has experience of applying UK visit visa from Germany. In the requirements they ask for minimum of six months validity of residence permit in Germany. I have only three months left, and ofcourse it will be extened without any problem as I have unlimited contract with the company. Can I still apply for the visa?
0 (0 Votos)

Re: UK Visit Visa
Respuesta
21/06/06 3:23 en respuesta a nanda nanda.
It's better if you speak to the ABH and see if you can and renew your permit before going to the embassy.

Rgs,
-a
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/06/06 4:55 en respuesta a nanda nanda.
nanda
Does anyone has experience of applying UK visit visa from Germany.

Yes, I did. I am a Greencard Holder and due to business reasons I have visited England two times (some people here claim that it is illegal ;) ).

In the requirements they ask for minimum of six months validity of residence permit in Germany. I have only three months left,

This is the problem. None of any English, or more generally, any Embassy on this Earth can give you a visa, if your residence permit has 3 months left, or your passport is valid less than 6 months. No question. Period.

and ofcourse it will be extened without any problem as I have unlimited contract with the company. Can I still apply for the visa?

Embassy cannot know if it will be extended. You must prove that thru your employer and/or your residence permit you will take from Alien Office (Ausländerbehörde).

Therefore, try to lengthen your residence permit. In this aspect, Aalvarez is 100% correct.

Klenze17.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/06/06 13:24 en respuesta a nanda nanda.
Hi,

it's normal that they ask a 6 months valid visa because the smallest length of the visa they will issue you is 6 months so they need to be sure you can come back before it expires :-)

I applied myself this morning for a 2 years visa (didn't need longer as I will go for a GCS in 2 years) and it got issued without pbm.

D.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/06/06 13:28 en respuesta a nanda nanda.
@Nobody

Did you apply personally? Does anyone have experience applying with post or some courier? How much is the approximate processing time if one applies with post? As far as I know you get the visa on the same day if you apply personally...but how about applying with post?
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/06/06 13:35 en respuesta a nanda nanda.
@Nobody

Did you apply personally?, jein. I was there last friday to apply personnaly but I couldn't make it because I needed 4 forms instead of 2 as I thought (one for each member of my family). I couldn't make the 2 last applications before 11 AM so the guard told me to sent it by post. (Didn't wanted to go there again, it's nearly 14 hours driving back and fourth).
I called monday before doing it to be sure and the lady on the phone told me that sending them per post will require 4 to 6 weeks and it was too long for me as I already booked the flight and won't get the money back if I cancel them. So I asked if someone else could do that for me, she just told me that a person with a procuration will do so I sent the pack to a friend of mine there and asked him to represent me and she called me 20 minutes ago to tell me it was all ok and I received a mail 10 minutes ago telling me that the visa has been issue.

Does anyone have experience applying with post or some courier? How much is the approximate processing time if one applies with post? As far as I know you get the visa on the same day if you apply personally...but how about applying with post?, see my answer above.

D.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
27/06/06 17:59 en respuesta a nanda nanda.
I tried to extend my residence permit but Ausländerbehöhrde refused ..giving me the reason that they still need arbeitsamt check and they have send anfrage to arbeitsamt and it will take upto six week ! Though I am in the same company and have unlimited contract but still all these complications?? I am in Germany since over four years and about three years (little less than three) years as full time experience. I have still three months left on my visa. What can I do in this situation, would the britsch embassy will understand this situation and can issue visit visa?? Any suggestion...I am looking forward hearing from you guys !
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott