Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Change of status from business visa to GC in Germany

Alternar
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have an offer from german company to join in Frankfurt. So they applied for my GC somewhere in first week of November and still we have not received my GC.
It should now come in 2-3 weeks.

My company wants me to come to germany urgently. So can i take business visa and come to germany??
I think the length of business visa is for 3 months. So if meanwhile my GC is through then do I need to come back to home country (i.e. India) to get my passport stamped or I can change my status in Frankfurt itself??

Appreciate you time and help.

Please revert back as soon as possible.

Regards,
Pratik
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Change of status from business visa to GC in Germany
Respuesta
28/01/05 12:50 en respuesta a Make difference.
You can enquire at the local German Embassy regarding this. I know that visit visa can not be converted into student visa within German. My opinion is that it might not be possible to convert your short term business visa into long term residency visa in Germany. For issuing visit/business visa, the local embassy does not necessarily need any approval from local German alien office in Germany. But for long term visa, the embassy needs this approval. So when you are in Germany without approval of alien office, the alien office might refuse to convert your business visa into GC.

regards,

mk
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Change of status from business visa to GC in Germany
Respuesta
29/01/05 23:52 en respuesta a Make difference.
Talk to your boss as soon as possible.

If they can't send you GC, ask them to send a fax for a business visa to get in India. They must confirm if the business visa can be converted to work/residence permit in Germany. If yes, hurry to get the visa. As soon as you have come, get the GC from the company and go with it to Alien Office to get work permit.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott