Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

tourist travel after AE expires

Alternar
tourist travel after AE expires
Respuesta
18/03/05 12:14
I can't seem to get an answer to this question ..

I have an AE tied to involvement as gastwissenschaftler. I've been here since December '04. When I abmeld & leave Germany I'd like to travel a bit here and in Europe before going home.

As an American we get "90 days without a visa"

Can I simply leave Germany & travel around Europe for up to 90 days at that point. (ie when does the 90 day clock start .. do I need to leave (Switz?) & come back in right before I abmeld? to start the clock)

Another fine point .. I have a letter stating my "beschaftigung" with the Uni through August...if I abmeld in May from my town does that automatically dissolve my AE. I actually remain involved and need to travel to the Uni several times during the summer. My town is in a different Land than my Uni as well.

..help please
0 (0 Votos)

Re: tourist travel after AE expires
Respuesta
18/03/05 14:40 en respuesta a jason been.
This is a tricky question. But I am pretty sure who should know these visa things in detail - it is Bundesgrenzschutz. You can try to locate the nearest BGS(=Bundesgrenzschutz) office in your city and ask the by phone - even better go to nearest airport and find the BGS office and ask them. Not normal Police but BGS (border control). They have written on the shoulder "Bundesgrenzschutz" and drive cars with plates "BG" :-) .

I have made good experience with them, very helpful indeed.
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18
Ame Elliott