Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Work in Austria

Alternar
Work in Austria
Respuesta
2/10/06 14:20
Hi everybody ,

This is an old issue , but looking for a help from the experienced guys who may know the residency laws better than me .

I have the following dillema : I have an interview in Austria for a three year contract job which is excempted from tax pay in Austria .

I got my PR last year together with my wife and plan to apply for German citezenship when passing the 8 year .

In case of being employed in Austria :

1) Do I have to de-register from Residency ?
2) Or Should I have a permission for staying out of Germany more than 6 months on the basis of my contract ?

3)if I dont pay taxes in Germany do I still have the right to apply for citezenship ?
4)Can I still organize payments to the Public Social Pension Fund ?

As I said I am broken into pieces when I think about how to proceed .
Maybe somebody could have the time to help me , please ....

Maybe VmpK lawyers could help get me an offcial responce from ABH ( I was happy dealing with them ) .

Regards to everybody and Nobody .
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Work in Austria
Respuesta
2/10/06 14:35 en respuesta a yousef hijaz.
@green2000

1) Do I have to de-register from Residency ?

Not really....you only need to have an address in Germany

2) Or Should I have a permission for staying out of Germany more than 6 months on the basis of my contract ?

Not at all. According to 2003/109/EC you can stay outside Germany(but in Europe) for upto 6 years, without losing your german NE.

3)if I dont pay taxes in Germany do I still have the right to apply for citezenship ?

This has nothing to do with taxes. If you can not prove that you have been living in Germany for 7(or more) years then you can not apply for citizenship.

4)Can I still organize payments to the Public Social Pension Fund ?

Yes, ofcourse.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/10/06 14:56 en respuesta a yousef hijaz.
Thanks Akshay ,

Do you have a link or the full text of that EC regulation regarding the stay outside Germany for 6 years ?

regards
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/10/06 14:57 en respuesta a yousef hijaz.
sorry , I googled it .
thanks again
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/10/06 19:12 en respuesta a yousef hijaz.
I would advice you to make NE-EG meaning PR for EU. With it you can work in Austria whole life if you want and still have german PR and maybe citizenship later
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/10/06 20:20 en respuesta a yousef hijaz.
But, of course...that would be the first thing you should get if you want to work in Europe. It is called "Daueraufenthalt-EG" :-)

http://www.duesseldorf.de/auslaenderamt/daueraufenthalt_eg/index.shtml
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
2/10/06 22:43 en respuesta a yousef hijaz.
Thanks DvD and Akshay for your feedback .

So in addition to my existing German PR , the conclusion is two options are on the table :

- Either a special work permit for Austria .
- or DauerAufenhakt-EG .

Regds
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3