Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

job search visa

Alternar
job search visa
Respuesta
11/12/06 7:04
Hi,
My case is bit complicated and I would try to explain the situation step by step.

I have received a master degree from Germany.
Afterwards I did a job for almost a year on work permit which I got after my student visa.

Then I left Germany and came to Australia for higher studies. My German visa got expired. This transition from Germany to Aust. didnt work and now I would like to go back to Germany. I dont have any job contract at the moment.

And my question is can I apply for the job search visa from Austrailia and fly back to Germany. Or what could I do to get back my self again in Germany.

Is it possible to go to Germany on a visit visa and then apply for the job search visa. Would the immigration office give me this visa?
Any thoughts would be welcome....

Thanks in advance..

Arjun
0 (0 Votos)

Re: job search visa
Respuesta
11/12/06 11:14 en respuesta a Rahul Parsad.
Hi Arjun,

1. You cannot apply job serach visa from Australia, because this job search visa you get after finishing your studies from ABH.

2. Yes, it is possible to come to Germany on a Visit visa, but this will not help you. The reason is that, it is not possible to convert visit visa into work permit ( or any other type).

But of course, if you want to try, you can choose 2nd option, but if you got an job offer while you have visit visa, you have to go back to your home country and then have to process your work permit from there.

BR
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
12/12/06 13:05 en respuesta a Rahul Parsad.
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
Just another question related to this.

What if I get the contract from my old company and based on that I get the visa. But as soon as I am back in Germany I cancell the contract (because I have a deal with my company that they would give me a temp. contract just to let me in). Can I still apply for the job search visa or what would be my status then. How long I can stay in Germany then.
Just for your information, I haven't got any job search visa even when I was in Germany as I got the job straight away after my studies were finished.

Thanks agian.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
12/12/06 17:28 en respuesta a Rahul Parsad.
@hoomdoom

It wont work the way you plan it. For the fake job you are intending to take, German Job Agency has to perfom a job market check. Let's suppose you manage to get over this step and receive your work and residence permit(which may take up to 3 months btw)
then your residence & work permit will be employer bound which means if you quit the job, your residence&work permit will be void and you have to leave Germany by then.. so where is the point of your act ?

There is also no effect of the fact that you have left Germany without using your one-year job search period. You simply lost that chance, as you have found your job on the spot after your studies. You cant now somehow "regain" that one year.. no way..

Your Solution: You are now pretty much like someone who has never been in Germany.. therefore you have to find a (real) job.. go through job market check.. get your residence&work permit.. work couple of years here.. try to make the permit employer independent.. and enjoy the life in Germany.. ;)

Regards,

Lacrima
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
12/12/06 18:04 en respuesta a Rahul Parsad.
Which nationality do u hold?? If you are australian the following link may give u some idea
http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=48728
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18