Our forum is the right place for exchanging infos, searching for help or helping others. Meanwhile there are many thousand posts, so please use our 'Search' function if you are looking for a special topic. 

Because the forum is used more often for unauthorized advertising, we have decided to close it for new posts.

Who still wants to browse the old posts can do this with pleasure.

Visa Questions

Freelance workpermit

Alternar
Freelance workpermit
Respuesta
12/11/05 2:01
Hello ,
I have few questions regarding workpermit for a freelancer,my situation is little complex so i want to clarify b4 going 2 KVR.I have been working in Germany since 5 years and my contract with current company is fixed term but they gave me six weeks notice hence my current job will be terminated by dec 31st but my company will state that i am free from work from 15th nov,last week i applied for unlimited visa and they told me to check after 5 to 6 weeks so i am waiting to register as unemployed at arbietzamt after getting the unlimited visa,dunno if it is wise to do that? In the mean time i have a very good option to work as freelancer for a company from 1st december.
My current visa states that i can work any IT Job but not selbstanding(guess freelance) till 2008, regarding the current situation i have the following questions
1.Can i get both selbstandig and any IT job workpermit as i will be unemployed?
2.Will it be illegal to work in december since my current contract is not completely terminated even though i get a letter from current company stating i am free from work?
I am posting here coz this is the best place to get opinions.

cheers!
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Freelance workpermit
Respuesta
14/11/05 10:17 en respuesta a sherlock neo.
you should read forum more. than you would not be in trouble.

search for Auflage Aufhebung. that is what you MUST DO and do it quick.
if you get it you will have no problem. you could get it and it would save you. just say that you had normal job nad you are switching to freelancing for the same firma.
if you get EG everything will be legal.
they could even give you NE instead EG for freelancing but maybe for december is too late.
Maybe if you tell them to hurry because you will have to freelance.
but it can happend that Beamter makes problem.
give more details.
are you GC?
since when?
how do you have 5 y work in D if your Visa is till 2008?
what visa did you have before?
what documents did you gave for NE?
did they say you will get NE for sure?
Did you gave Bescheinigung that your Vertag is UNGEKÜNDIGT? was it?
WHY 15 NOVEMBER? ARE YOU FRISTLOS GEKÜNDIGT?

If you are getting NE for sure maybe it is better to do nothing am´nd wait till you get it.

DO NOT WORK FOR YOUR FIRMA AS FREELANCER UNTIL YOU GET EG OR NE.
maybe you did not realize but they made it quite sh..ty for you. they should just wait two months and then give you freelancing Vertrag. This way you could get out of D if you get onto some hard Beamter. It could go well, but important is DON'T WORK ILLEGAL. If you do it you could get thrown out of D and EU.

However the way you planned it will not work. you have to change the plan.
Options:
1. ask firma for normal Vertrag till NE because this whole game brings your NE in danger.
2. wait WITHOUT WORK for NE (dangerous if they find out you have no job)
3. get EG quick and start freelancing in December. it is nice option but it is risky. They can give you EG but they do not have to. and BIGGEST PROBLEM is that they will know you are without job than.

So option 1 is safest for sure. 2 and 3 should work also but if you get onto idiot in ABH you could lose everything.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
15/11/05 21:17 en respuesta a sherlock neo.
Hello DvD,
Thanks for the info,hope i answered all your questions.Suggest me how should i proceed exactly.I am thinking just to check the status of NE after 2 more weeks.

are you GC? yes
since when? october 2000
how do you have 5 y work in D if your Visa is till 2008?
I asked for NE in july 2005 and they extended the visa till 2008(type IT jobs no freelancing) and asked me to come in november.
what visa did you have before?
what documents did you gave for NE?
1.Statement from company that i have unlimited work contract.
2.last 3 pay slips
3.House contract copy
did they say you will get NE for sure?
she asked me to check after 4 to 5 weeks the status
Did you gave Bescheinigung that your Vertag is UNGEKÜNDIGT? was it?
i guess this is the answer

Statement from company that i have unlimited work contract.

WHY 15 NOVEMBER? ARE YOU FRISTLOS GEKÜNDIGT?
bcoz 15th november is 6 weeks b4 end of term.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
15/11/05 23:13 en respuesta a sherlock neo.
One more question!
During the process of NE if one looses his job how that will effect NE?

Many Thanks
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
16/11/05 11:10 en respuesta a sherlock neo.
depends will they find out.
if they do not find out you could get NE.
even if they finf out you could get it but that is seldom. They will probably wait until you find job.

So I would sugest you to wait litle bit and pretend nothing happend. check it with your firma that they do not tell ABH that you are fired.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
16/11/05 11:17 en respuesta a sherlock neo.
do you want to freelance for the same company that fired you?

anyway you could start work 1. dec. but try to arrange every Vertrag with date from next year or whenever you get NE.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
16/11/05 13:38 en respuesta a sherlock neo.
do you want to freelance for the same company that fired you?

No it is another company,I think my firm will not tell ABH because they know that i have applied for NE.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
29/11/05 23:20 en respuesta a sherlock neo.
Today i got NE,I would like to thank trust7 forum for prompt replies and i have one more question as I may start a fixed contract job in munich from 16th or 23rd Jan 2006 i remain unemployed for 2 to 3 weeks.My question is can i apply for unemployment funds for 2 or 3 weeks,Any info regarding this is helpful.

cheers!
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
30/11/05 13:23 en respuesta a sherlock neo.
Welcome to the §9-Club.

and for your question, it's only depends on you, but it's always good to register, just to see how it works. Then you will have some answers for some questions around here. ;-)

D.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
30/11/05 15:44 en respuesta a sherlock neo.
congrats and of course you can aply for ALG for 3 weeks (even for 1 day).
but you must do it now.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
21/01/06 2:19 en respuesta a sherlock neo.
Hello All,

I got NE and found a fixed term job ,currently in trial period.I have an offer to work as freelancer for 3 to 4 months,now i am really confused to stay in fixed term contract or to go for freelance.The question can b very generic but i posted here coz trust7 forum can share their knowledge and experience.

Fixed term pros and cons:no xtra time paid and cannot b claimed as holidays,after fixed term contract cannot b terminated easily.

Freelance:monthly netto is doubled and paid hourly.

I wud b interested to know whats the risk involved in moving from a fixed job to freelance job.

Thank You!
0 (0 Votos)

Recent Bloggers Recent Bloggers

trust7
Estrellas: 39
Fecha: 9/03/19
VAK
Estrellas: 124
Fecha: 25/02/18
trust 7
Estrellas: 3
Fecha: 22/01/18